[October] What are you reading?

Wombat

First Post
As I do every October, I have started on my re-read of Ray Bradbury's collection, October Country.

After that it will be on to the other Usual Suspects -- Poe, Lovecraft, and some classical Gothic literature, probably something by Mrs Radcliffe this year.

Storm Raven

First Post
I'm in the middle of Varley's The Ophiuchi Hotline. I am also reading The Fifteen Weeks (a book about the genesis of the Marshall Plan). I'll be going through the rest of my unread Varley collection after that, and then get to some of the Niven-Pournelle collaborations I have not read before.

Northern Guard

First Post
I'm three chapters into The Second World War (Viking Press, 1990) by Sir John Keegan. I've been painting up some Flames of Wars miniatures and would like a quick refresher course on the period.

Brakkart

First Post
I'm about halfway through The Sea Devil's Eye (Threat From the Sea book 3) right now, and once I've finished that I have a choice of 3 novels: Darkvision, Lies of Light and Son of Thunder to read next. Not sure which of those I'll go for first, but I'll have read them all by the end of the month.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Poe's Poetry

A Lonesome Night in October - Roger Zelazny (Absolutely an excellent read for October!; my third time through)

Continuing Simon R. Green's Nightside Series

Re-reading a number of Nero Wolf mysteries by Rex Stout

TwistedBishop

First Post
Rl'Halsinor said:
A Lonesome Night in October - Roger Zelazny (Absolutely an excellent read for October!; my third time through)

Great book. The title is actually "A Night in the Lonesome October". Universal Monster Movies meets Lovecraft meets Victorian Fantasy Mystery.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases