Eberron -- The Forgotten Forge [RECRUITING]

Post Life Entity

First Post
Hi All,

I thought I might try my hand at getting my feet wet running a low-level adventure. That adventure is The Forgotten Forge from the Eberron Campaign setting. Yeah, it's pretty basic but we'll punch it up just a bit.

Looking for 3 Players.

POSTING REQUIREMENTS: Ability to post 1-2 times on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I might be able to post more often, especially for RP, but I'll resolve actions on those days.

CHARACTER CREATION:
Classes: Gestalt Classes. Allowed Sources: PHB, Unearthed Arcana, and Eberron Campaign Setting.
Races: Just the standard races in the Eberron Campaign Setting.
Feats: Extra bonus feat at first level; Everyone starts with at least two feats.
Attribute Array: 18, 16, 14, 12, 10 and 8. Distribute this array as you see fit.
You can give any score a -2 penalty to give another score a +2 bonus.
Rules:
* You may apply the -2/+2 adjustment a maximum of two times.
* Maximum score after -2/+2 adjustment, but before racial adjustments, is 16.
* Lowest score after -2/+2 adjustment, but before racial adjustments, is 6
* Charisma cannot be your lowest score as a result of the -2/+2 adjustments (it can be the lowest because of racial adjustments, however).

Code:
[u]Edits[/u] (10/5/06):
  * Starting Level: [B]1[/B] [I](...open to discussion, however)[/I]
  * Paladins and Monks can multi-class (when we go up levels, that is) freely.
  * Sorcerers have Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate as class skills.

Anyone interested? If so, the please post character concepts. I'll choose 3 concepts and 2 alternates on Tuesday, October 10th.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey there!

I'm interested in playing something weird and different, like a dwarf monk/ druid or changeling monk/sorceror.

What's the starting level?
Cheers,

SG

Post Life Entity

First Post
I was thinking that we'd start at first level. I find the dichotomy between good stats, high power (gestalt) and lower levels to be interesting and exciting. :)

Last edited:

ByteRynn

First Post
I'd be interested in playing a Cannith Fighter/Artificer human.

Certainly a war-artificer who likes to plow things up.

Mista Collins

First Post
He is a streetwise man in his early 20's wearing battered leather armor and carrying two shortsword on the dangerous streets of Sharn. He has seen his fair share of fights and been in most of them. He has even considered joining the guard, but the uniforms, discipline, and constantly taking orders wouldn't be for him. He is a free-willed spirit who likes infiltrating the underbelly of parts of Sharn for the pure thrill of it. Loyal to those loyal to him, he can be trusted to the end. Screw him over once, or threaten his companions and you have yourself an enemy.

Name: I don't know yet.
Race: Male Human
Class: Fighter/Rogue
Stats: STR 12, DEX 18, CON 10, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 8

penance

First Post
Greetings Post Life, nice to see you around. I was thnking I would like to start a 1st level character, posted it in the Living eberron thread and such; Its going kind of slow over there. Would it be ok for me to use that character here? Ill post the goods. :D
[sblock]
Code:
[B]Name: [/B] Sarmik Thertas aka Samik the Wanderer
[B]Class: [/B] Fighter 1	[b]Starting Level: [/b]: One
[B]Race: [/B] Human
[B]Region of Origin: [/b] Unknown
[B]Size: [/B] M
[B]Gender: [/B] male
[B]Alignment: [/B] chaotic good
[B]Action Points:[/B] 5
[B]Deity:[/B]Fharlanghn

[B]Str: [/B] 16 +3 	[B]Level:[/B] 1	[B]XP[/B]: 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 	[B]BAB:[/B] +1		[B]HP:[/B] 12 (1d10+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 	[B]Grapple:[/B] +4	
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 	[B]Speed:[/B] 30'	
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 	[B]Init:[/B] +2	[B]Spell Save:[/B] (?)
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 	[B]ACP:[/B] -2		[B]Spell Fail:[/B] 20%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10 +4	+0	+2	+0	+0	+0	16
[B]Touch:[/B]	12	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]	+4	+2	+2	+0
[B]Ref:[/B]	+2	+0	+2	+0
[B]Will:[/B]	+0	+0	+0	+0
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
Guisarme		+5	2d4+4	19-20/x2	10 ft
Great sword		+4	2d6+4	   20/x3	------
throwing dagger		(?)	1d4	19-20/x2	(?)

[B]Notes:[/B] standard fighter, with that point ability system I dont like.  :D

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, undercommon.

[B]Abilities:[/B] none

[B]Feats: [/B] Combat Expertise, weapon focus(Guisarme), Improved Trip

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 16	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]
Tumble(cc)  	+4	+2	+2	--
Spot(cc)	+4	+2	+1	--
search(cc)	+2	+1	+1	--
knowledge(cc)	+2	+1	+1	--
(magic)
Climb		+5	+2	+3	--
Craft(armor)	+3	+1	+1	--
Handle Animal 	+1	+1	+0	--
Intimidate	+3	+2	+0	--
Jump		+4	+1	+3	--
Ride		+3	+1	+2	--
Swim		+4	+0	+3	--

[B]Notes:[/B] 

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]
backpack		2gp	2lb
bedroll			-gp	5lb
grappling hook		1gp	4lb
crowbar 		2gp	5lb
50' rope		1gp	10lb
sunrod (5)		2gp(ea)	1lb
10 trail rations	2gp(ea)	-lb
caltrops    		2gp	2lb
total equip wieght	--	29lb
chain shirt		100	25lb
throwing dagger(2)	4gp	2lb
guisarme		9gp	12lb
great sword		50gp	8lb
total weapon+armor 	--	46lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]75lb	[B]Money:[/B] 36gp 0sp 0cp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	76	77–153 	154–230 230	1150

[B]Age:[/B] 25 (estimated)
[B]Height:[/B] 6'1"
[B]Weight:[/B] 195lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] brown
[B]Hair:[/B] curly brown
[B]Skin:[/B] lightly tanned.

[/sblock]

His background and appearance.
[sblock]Appearance: Samarik usually wears a black hooded robe over his armor, and when he put down his hood he looks like a grizzled outdoorsman. He rarely puts down his hood.

Personality: Samarik falls into the catagory 'strong and silent' when around outsiders, and rarely lets down his guard. He has a powerful glance, and will closely examine the person he speaks to before he says anything. however, when he (rarely) becomes close to someone, he is loyal and a pillar of strength.

Background: Samarik has a fractured memory; he can remember his youth dimly, but his last memory was of his 16th birthday with his woodscutter father. After that, attempting to remember what happened is like diving into a black nightmare. His most recent memories emerge him as a 23-year old man, lost deep in the shattered wilderness of Eberron. After taking odd jobs and eventually doing mercenary work, he now has the basic resorces to go into business for himself, with the twin goals of discovering his future, and also his past. [/sblock]

I look forward to your reply. :D

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
penance said:
Greetings Post Life, nice to see you around. I was thnking I would like to start a 1st level character, posted it in the Living eberron thread and such; Its going kind of slow over there.
LEB just had its last bunch of characters recruited on an adventure. I'm pretty sure we have one more adventure in the pipeline, just no active characters in the Tavern (other than yours).

He's a streetwise force of goodness who could be anybody, even somebody you know. When corrupt officials plot their evil deeds, one of the trusted bodyguards isn't who he seems. When the cultist is about to conduct their final sacrifice, guess who's secretly replaced the executioner?
He's the left hand of God. The right hand doesn't need to know what he's doing.

Name: Lex
Race: Changeling
Class: Paladin (Of Freedom)/Bard
Stats: STR 14, DEX 10, CON 16, INT 08, WIS 12, CHA 18

This, of course, is somewhat dependent on Post Life Entity's concept of "Honorable" for the Paladin half's behavior.

penance

First Post
stonegod said:
LEB just had its last bunch of characters recruited on an adventure. I'm pretty sure we have one more adventure in the pipeline, just no active characters in the Tavern (other than yours).

Yeah, thats what i figured, and I'm a rather patient guy. But I dont see why I can't run both. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases