Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Tokiwong

First Post
Monday, August 28th, 2006

It is approaching the evening time, things have settled down and last Daniel heard from the Galactic Order, Asimov had put aside his research for now until he felt he was better prepared to handle the consequences. But the main buzz in the Consilium, was a formal meeting this Friday with the Hierarch and the whole of the community for some important business, possibly having to do with the Boston Consilium.

Supposedly a Herald from Boston was in town to deliver some news. Or he was supposed to arrive soon, the rumors were not clear on that point.

Daniel

[sblock]Starbuck would really like Daniel to impress upon Thessaly the freedom and progressive elements that the Free Council could offer to the young apostate. She thinks it would be a major boon to have Thessaly apart of the order.[/sblock]

It is about four in the evening, I leave it to the players to decide what they are doing, and for Morrigan to decide what her more permanent living arrangements will be. And no the mages have not found any other secret hiding places in the Monkey’s Paw.

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan spent most of the day exploring the small town on foot, by two in the afternoon she'd found her way back to the bookstore, stopping for a smoke and coffee across the street before offering to lend a helping hand in the bookstore. The news of a Herald being in town had her wondering whether this town was as sleepy as it looked.

"Do you guys know where I could rent a flat or a studio? I'm staying at the Lucky Star right now, but it looks like I will need a more permanent residence. Besides it doesn't seem like that Star has had much luck lately," she asks eventually, poring over the adds in the newspaper.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Thessaly comments from behind the counter where she's doing some ordering. "You could stay in my place. It has an extra room that I have no idea what to do with. If it's just until you get a place of your own, I wouldn't ask for anything. If you wanted to stay long term, I'm sure we could agree on some kind of monthly rent thingie."

Tokiwong

First Post
Thessaly minds the store when a FedEx delivery woman walks into the office, her truck parked out front. She walks up to the counter and smiles mechanically, “I got a package here for an Allison Larkspur?”

The package is not small but a box about the size of perhaps a large coffee table book or the like. The delivery woman places it on the counter. “I just need a signature,” she smacks a stick of bubblegum.

Shayuri

First Post
"That's me," she answers and scoops a pen up off the counter. Before she signs she takes a look at the package, looking for a return address to see where it came from.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"That's me," she answers and scoops a pen up off the counter. Before she signs she takes a look at the package, looking for a return address to see where it came from.
The return address is for the Red Rose Society, a humanitarian group based out of James Cove that hosts galas and balls to raise money for inner city youths. They have a historical estate in town as their head quarters; also where they host their lavish balls. They have members all across the state.

The delivery woman smacks her gum once more.

Shayuri

First Post
"Huh! Never got anything from them before...sorry, signature. Right." She scrawls her name in the space on her pad...almost writing Thessaly before mentally correcting herself.

"Thanks!"

She starts opening the package eagerly, already curious as to what it is.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Huh! Never got anything from them before...sorry, signature. Right." She scrawls her name in the space on her pad...almost writing Thessaly before mentally correcting herself.

"Thanks!"

She starts opening the package eagerly, already curious as to what it is.
The delivery lady smiles and nods leaving, “Have a god day ma’am.”

Thessaly opens the package and finds a letter taped to a white box. The box is also taped shut, but opens easily. Inside the box is a white mask with crimson lips and crimson colored eyes. The letter is written in delicate script.

The Letter

Thessaly,

I cordially invite you to the Red Rose Society Annual Masquerade Ball, held at the Bancroft Manor at 8 PM on September 1st, 2006. Please accept this mask as a gift on behalf of myself and the Red Rose Society and I pray that you will accept this humble invitation as my guest of honor.

Sincerely,

Shishi

Tokiwong

First Post
The Mask

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 235

Aenion

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Well," Thessaly comments from behind the counter where she's doing some ordering. "You could stay in my place. It has an extra room that I have no idea what to do with. If it's just until you get a place of your own, I wouldn't ask for anything. If you wanted to stay long term, I'm sure we could agree on some kind of monthly rent thingie."

"Thank you, that would be perfect," Morrigan replies, looking up from her newspaper, "Of course I'm willing to pay rent, it's the least I can do. I'll keep looking for a place of my own, but we'll see how things turn out," she checks her empty cup of coffee and gets up, "Can I get you something?"

She returns from the kitchen with a fresh cup of coffee just as the fedex woman leaves, seeing the mask she curiously raises an a pale white eyebrow, but doesn't say anything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases