Good Halloween-Adventures

Remathilis

Legend
Ok, its coming on that time of ghosts and ghouls, so I'm looking into a good halloween adventure.

I know Expedition to Castle Ravenloft comes out this month, but I will be unable to run it (the other DM in the group called dibs) so I'm looking for other "halloween" flavored adventures.

My criteria

d20 or d20 compatible; I'll look at old material if I can convert is rather easily.
Generic; nothing that requires a specific setting to work (like some Ravenloft stuff is)
cheaper is better; my funds are limited. Free is best, but cheap is fine. Homebrewed modules are allowed also, if you got one.
My PCs are 9-11, but I can modify something if the premise is sound.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If you're not looking for a premade adventure, but a toolkit to make one, I can't recommend the Pumpkin Patch PDF by Patrick Younts highly enough. Fun spells, neat monsters, some great iconic NPCs and some suggestions on what a Halloween-like holiday might be like in D&D. You can find it at every PDF store online, I believe.

Voadam

Legend
MEG's Foul locales series are sets of short horror themed encounters for 3e D&D. www.rpgnow.com has them under ronin arts.

A lot of old ravenloft modules would be suitable and adaptable to other campaigns fairly easily IMO. I really like Feast of Goblyns which seems about right for your levels. www.paizo.com has them for $4 each as pdfs.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
If you're not looking for a premade adventure, but a toolkit to make one, I can't recommend the Pumpkin Patch PDF by Patrick Younts highly enough. Fun spells, neat monsters, some great iconic NPCs and some suggestions on what a Halloween-like holiday might be like in D&D. You can find it at every PDF store online, I believe.

quoted for truth. I have been using this resource for the past two years and it is great. I modified one of the NPCs presented in the pdf to be a reoccuring evil greater fey NPC that assaults the PCs in their dreams on the anniversary of his defeat at their hands. In fact, our session this Friday will begin with a dream sequence in which I will be applying rules from Heroes of Horror (Dread, Fear, Dreamscape) to the encounter.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Remathilis said:
Ok, its coming on that time of ghosts and ghouls, so I'm looking into a good halloween adventure.

I know Expedition to Castle Ravenloft comes out this month, but I will be unable to run it (the other DM in the group called dibs) so I'm looking for other "halloween" flavored adventures.

My criteria

d20 or d20 compatible; I'll look at old material if I can convert is rather easily.

Check out the d20 modern Menace Manual. There's a few baddies in that system that have very strong modern horror ties. I seem to recall at least one of them has an Inevitable Comeback effect where, once he's been put down, he returns 100% of the time. He's a tough enemy to begin with, and having the pc's have to fight him multiple times just makes it all that much better.

There's also SSS (Sword and Sorcery Studios) Creature Collection. If you can't get this in the hefty-percent-off bin, it's not worth having. but at half-price it's a bargan. It was made BEFORE the WoTC monster manual was released, and the critters inside are... how shall I say this... Horrendously broken? There's a CR 2 hawk with a vorpal wingbone, and a couple of creatures straight out of the "homebrewed monster" handbook.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah, I was going to recommend that myself. Maybe not as generic as you might like, since it's somewhat victorian in nature, but quite creepy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases