The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ashnar misses again, though this time not quite as terribly. She actually has to take a minor sidestep to dodge it this time. Meanwhile, Rinaldo's feint is once again unsuccessful, and he misses again, frustrated and distracted.*

"Hahaha, I don't feel the need to tell you anything. Just talking to you makes me feel paranoid," she replies to Ashnar, then she adds something incomprehensible in a language Vanitri recognises as Old Medibarian, and then returns to Common "Hmm, well we have Might-as-well-be-Blind the Wonder-Mage and Couldn't-Feint-a-Fly the bumbling rogue, so I think I'll choose Door Number Three."

*She fires a ray of roiling Negative Energy that strikes Vanitri, sapping away his strength.*

(OOC: Vanitri gains a -7 Penalty to Strength

Vanitri, Ashnar, then Rinaldo, with of course an interlude with Tenebrynn bleeds)

Velmont

First Post
"Can't you stop to move like that, you are annoying." tells Rinaldo, obviously annoyed. He makes a great feint and this time seems good.... just too bad the blade seems hit teh fat.

[SBLOCk=OOC]Finally. Feint at 28, hit at 23, damage at 1 and sneak at 6 (really bad damage roll :( ) But possible critical... Nope... only 10. Anyway, it would have been for only 1 more damage... 4 ones on 5 dices of damage, that was lame.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Infernal]"Maybe you should be paranoid. You tell us so much without even saying a word, making your words even more informative."[/sblock] Ashnar smiles as he considers his options. He shrugs, fires another scorching ray from his wand and advances close to the melee (not into melee range yet, though; close enough to take a 5 foot step next, though).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The chances of hitting with 1d20-2, even with a Touch Attack, aren't great :uhoh: )

*Ashnar misses badly again with a Scorching Ray. Meanwhile, Vanitri, despite the hindrance of vastly-impaired strength, manages to score more telling blows against their opponent, who looks much the worse for wear.*

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but it looks like at least one of you is actually a tough customer, and perhaps I can't quite take five at once. More's the pity, but I have what I want from you, and I'd rather not have to wait to reform if you kill this body, and so...farewell."

*As Tenebrynn bleeds more, the body dissociates, leaving only the hazy mist, which floats away into the darkness.*

(OOC: E takes 14 more Damage despite the whole 6 Strength thing, (Wow, Vanitri is rolling lots of 19s on attack rolls) total 62

Wow, you guys pulled it very close on that one--may want to check Tenebrynn though, like *now* ;))

Knight Otu

First Post
(Well, he really couldn't drop a fireball even in paranoia mode, she seemed way too tough for a cause fear (5 HD limit), a ray of exhaustion or acid splash would face the same obstacle, a sparkstrike against a single opponent is a waste, and we seemed to have determined that at least her companion wasn't undead. Leaves physical combat, which Ashnar would have joined next round.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Admittedly true--there's unfortunately not much for a low-mid-level Evoker with low Dex and no access to Precise Shot to do against a single opponent in melee with good touch AC, other than Magic Missile, I guess, which doesn't fit Ashnar's fire theme. Good idea on not using Fireball--she had Evasion)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Vanitri has several levels in Ranger, so he can use Hogarth's CLW wand. However, he clearly does not have enough actions to find it, then move over there, then use it, so someone else will have to retrieve it and hand it to him)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases