The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri gathers some information, and determines the following:*

[SBLOCK=Vanitri]Recent happenings: Not long ago, half the town was razed by orcs who pillaged, raped, and plundered. However, Mayor Lucas was able to help in the rebuilding process, buying the land and restoring the buildings. However, the orc threat is always present, and recently the hobgoblins have been stirring as well...

Tower: One old man tells Vanitri that he remembers a few years back when some wizards used to live up there, but one day, apparently, it vanished. Now sometimes it reappears, and either way, there used to be a big monster that lived near there ever since, though it didn't ever bother anyone. Apparently, adventurers eventually killed it, though, few years back.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn will likewise ask around town, looking in particular for any older sources of information written or otherwise. If there is a sage or wise person, he'll seek them out.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Ashnar and Tenebrynn]*Ashnar and Tenebrynn work together looking for old sources and sages. They discover that the town has no sages or wizards, nor do they have the library. The temple has a few copies of holy texts, but nothing special or extraordinary, and also nothing particularly useful.*[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]*Rinaldo and Hogarth are able to meet with the mayor's secretary, Lena. Lena suggests that the mayor can meet with them tomorrow morning, if they like.*[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"Thank you, I'll wait until tomorrow morning. I must tell I was sad to learn what happen to your village, but I see the mayor and you have been working hard to repair the damage and I admire that. But what have brought me and my friend to your village isn't the recent misfortune that have strike your village, but the concern of one of your inhabitant. A man approach us in Orussus, speaking about a tower that appear and dissapear and that might be hunted. Is that conern about that tower have spread to your population?" asks Rinaldo[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"Ah, yes. It does appear occasionally, I believe. It usually keeps to itself, but it is still something of a menace. If you've come to deal with that, I can schedule you this evening with the mayor to sign you up with a writ as official heroes of Briarton," Lena replies. She's a pretty young woman with long hair of chestnut-brown, sitting at her desk overlooking some paperwork as she talks to Rinaldo.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"Hero... I've never liked much that word, that's good for a person who saved a country, who is a symbol. I am just a trader and to some extend, an adventurer. But I would gladly see the mayor sooner than later." answers Rinaldo. "So just tell me when I'll be able to meet the mayor, I wouldn't like to hinder you in your work, you seems to have an hard day of work in front of you." he adds, giving a quick look at the papers.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"A hero is someone who puts themselves at risk to save others. You don't need to save a whole country to be a hero to a small village that needs your help, though it might get you more name recognition if you did," Lena says, "I'll set you up for a meeting with the mayor just before dinner, alright? That'll be an hour before dusk."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases