The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"I think we could discuss a lot about that subject and the motivation that brought me here, but I will let you work and maybe we will be able to finish that discussion another time. Thank you to have set the metting. Good day." Rinaldo salute with his hat and turns around. Hogarth salute too before following the merchant.

"What you have done in Monemvassia isn't enough to make you a hero?" ask the cleric in Terran once outside.

"Being paid to save a Prince from some conspiration is not what I consider am heroic act, it is a mercenary work. I needed the money for my shop in Orussus, I ended with another in Monemvassia. In one word, all that was business." replies Rinaldo in the same language.

"And it is for money you take care of your companion to the point to pay for there ressurection." replies Hogarth

"They are my friends, and they would have done the same for me." answers the trader.

"But I wasn't your friend when you convince me to get out of these caves. You even paid for my equipement you gave me, telling that even if I should leave you, I could keep it. Is it for the money you did that?"

Rinaldo stops and look a moment at Hogarth. He gently shook his head and smiles at Hogarth. "You are wise." is the only comment he tells before continuing.[/SBLOCK]

Rinaldo and Hogarth finally arrive to the meeting place. He await for the others. As they join him, he aks them. "Anything new? I have tried to meet the mayor, but I wasn't able to see him immediatly. I have a meeting plan one hour before dusk. Lena, his secretary seems positive about our little trip to teh tower, so I suppose the mayor would gladly help us with some information."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn is waiting for the others as they arrive. "This town does not appear to value education very much. We were unable to dig up any lore regarding the tower. I hope you are able to get more out of the mayor."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Bront is sick, so Vanitri can relate the following, probably in the form of 'I don't know about looking for lore, but asking the folks around here about their problems...'

Recent happenings: Not long ago, half the town was razed by orcs who pillaged, raped, and plundered. However, Mayor Lucas was able to help in the rebuilding process, buying the land and restoring the buildings. However, the orc threat is always present, and recently the hobgoblins have been stirring as well...

Tower: One old man tells Vanitri that he remembers a few years back when some wizards used to live up there, but one day, apparently, it vanished. Now sometimes it reappears, and either way, there used to be a big monster that lived near there ever since, though it didn't ever bother anyone. Apparently, adventurers eventually killed it, though, few years back. )

Velmont

First Post
"I think you've been adventuring too much Tenebrynn, or maybe you've been been living in a library for too long. The price of a book is at least two months of salary for the general worker, like servant, laborer or farmer. You are in a small village who have been striken by misfortune these last years. If they ever buy a book, it will be one to help them to keep there faith. For them, knowing what is a magical rune and what it can do is useless when they need to rebuild there houses and feed there families. I know long about that. If I start my business, if I start adventuring, it was to gather more money to give the best education for my children. I have succeed in what I wanted, and today, I must carry alone equipement that value more than this whole village."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"I guess I am just the product of a good education myself. While I would not expect everyone to have the same access to knowledge, most towns we've visited had at least one person interested in learning. But you are right, as Vanitri said, they have suffered recently and are still trying to pick up the pieces. Something strikes a little odd with what you say Vanitri, you said that the Mayor bought all the land after the orcs attacked. I know that he would be trying to help people, but that sounds a bit strange to me." replies Tenebrynn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It's bad to have to live with no books, but sometimes people just don't have the books," Laynie agrees, "I had to go for years without books back when I used to live alone with my doggie."

*Vanitri is able to clarify somewhat--a lot of the land used to belong to the local Duke, who had no interest in paying so much money to have the buildings in this little town restored. Mayor Lucas bought the land from the Duke so he could restore the buildings. Also, some of the buildings had their owners die off, so this allowed that land to be restored and usable to the village, as otherwise without a tenant to pay the lord, it would revert.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases