roleplaying people are satanists ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
MODERATOR NOTE: This Chick Tract has been around for many years and may be worth a read if for no other reason than to get the various jokes made about it in the RPG community. However this thread is NOT to harbor any discussion about any of the merits of any religion.

gribble

Explorer
Rel said:
This Chick Tract has been around for many years.

True... though this does appear (to me at least) to be an updated version... I notice it seems to focus more on D&D minis rather than just the RPG as well... interesting.

Maybe it's Chick 3.5?
:D

Kae'Yoss

First Post
deinistdiehanddieverletztduwohnstindemreichdashöllehei... Wha? What? Huh? Oh, hello, kids, I was just mumbling gibberish, no need to dwell on that. Let me assure you that we at D&D are no satanists. We list 666 gamers here and not a single one likes the devil that much!

(phew. That was close)

:p

Aaah, the good ol' Chick Tract. I have one or two mock versions of it, making fun of the whole thing.

This thread is, as always, not about religion, but rather about people taking things too seriously, which you get not only in all religions, but everywhere else as well.

I can't find any updated stuff in there. Is there an update manual?

Aeric

Explorer
I remember finding one of these booklets on a grocery store shelf when I was in grade school (that's mainly how they distributed them, by leaving them in public places where people would come across them). I was already into RPGs and thought it was the funniest and most insulting thing I had ever seen.

I can't believe these things are still around 20+ years later. Why bash D&D, when there are more obvious inroads to Satanism, like Harry Potter! :p

Hussar

Legend
Aeric said:
I remember finding one of these booklets on a grocery store shelf when I was in grade school (that's mainly how they distributed them, by leaving them in public places where people would come across them). I was already into RPGs and thought it was the funniest and most insulting thing I had ever seen.

I can't believe these things are still around 20+ years later. Why bash D&D, when there are more obvious inroads to Satanism, like Harry Potter! :p

Aaron Williams to the Rescue!

Ghendar

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Satan wants us to gather in basements and eat delivery pizza, you heard it here first.

Whew, that's a relief. I thought he wanted us to eat the Broodwich. Close call :D

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Every time I read that Chick tract, I come away thinking the same thing: I wish I had a DM who was as hot as Ms. Frost. That pouting scowl, that lustrous hair, those sleek clothes, that tough, no-nonsense way of speaking, that "no first name" air of mystery. Man, Ms. Frost is just the hottest.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases