Adventure/Campaign Maps

Grum_l

First Post
What do you think of the map excerpt below? The full map can be found here!

Attachments

• Excerpt_MapGMC901.jpg
    Excerpt_MapGMC901.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Odhanan

Adventurer
Looks good. I'm not a big fan of the shades of blue and red (particularly for the writings), but the topographic representation looks quite good indeed.

Grum_l

First Post
Hi all!

kirstar said:
omg, that looks so realistic. its teh water that does it

I drew this map in photoshop. For each depth of water, I used a different layer (like in a real geographic map) and smoothed the edges with the "Wischfinger" tool. Sorry, I only know the German names of the tools. Perhaps "Wipefinger" tool?

Jürgen Hubert said:
Great forests! Mind expanding on how you did them over here?

Thanks! I think I can do that, but I need time... (I don't have much! :( ) As above, I don't know the English names of the tools, however. In short, most of the texture is done with the "Ebenenstil" (Layer Style?). (Two layers -> one with the lighter green & one with a darker green -> clouds of dots in each -> "Ebenenstil" (shades, texture,...) Its very simple.

Odhanan said:
Looks good. I'm not a big fan of the shades of blue and red (particularly for the writings), but the topographic representation looks quite good indeed.

:) I used several real world maps for orientation.

Last edited:

Grum_l

First Post
Hello,

here is a (low resolution) sample of an image from the new Quirin Stock Art #6: Timbor. You can find it here!

Attachments

• Timbor Sample.jpg
    Timbor Sample.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 153

Remove ads