Complete Psionic: Ardent (Aproved)

Patlin

Explorer
This thread is for discussing whether this base class from Complete Psionic should be accepted into LEB. Complete Psionic was originally released 4/11/06.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I have CompPsi, but no experience with Ardent's in play. Guess the easiest comparison is with Clerics.

- Same BAB
- Gain powers about the same time as Paladins
- PP design equiv to Psion, though fewer powers
- Get some abilities based upon mantles chosen

The close does not seem broken to me, but any others who have seen/played them?

drothgery

First Post
It's probably a little on the underpowered side, I'd say (though other than putting a gestalt ardent//monk/atavist together for a PBP game that hasn't gotten off the ground yet, I've never played one); you're almost chosing your powers when you choose your mantles (most don't have a power at every level, and rarely have more than two powers at any level).

Erekose13

Explorer
I put together a high level ardent and I'd agree that they are a bit underpowered. They get very difficult to plan out power progression because you are so limited.

stonegod

Well, as a proposal, we can either (1) accept as is, (2) reject, or (3) have someone propose a "fix" (as we did with the swashbuckler). The class may be underpowered, but the question becomes is it super weak, or just not an optimal choice?

stonegod

Erekose13 said:
I'm always of the opinion that if it isn't overpowered dont fix it.
That is generally my inclination so long as it isn't soooo bad that it just does not make an even flavorful choice.

Patlin

Explorer
Seems balanced to me, though I haven't tested it. One of the characters in my current game has indicated interest in using it in his (massively multiclassed) path to pyrokineticist.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases