Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

wmasters

First Post
The group gathered in the Red Dragon leave the inn to a overcast and overbearing morning. The sun rises behind the concealment of dark clouds, a breeze carries a chill in the air.

Leaving Orussus by the eastern road they begin the long trek towards Fallon. The road is well travelled, ruts forming in the road betraying the passage of many wagons and caravans into and out of the city. The walk begins to warm you as the first drops of rain begin to fall from the sky.

From behind, you hear the slow rumble of an approaching cart thundering along the road. As it approaches the driver, a well built man dressed in thick clothing and a long brown overcoat, smiles at you through his unkempt beard. "You look like you need a ride!" he shouts out to you.

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
OOC Comments

OK, there's a couple of OOC things about the adventure. First off, this is my first time DMing a PBP adventure, so please bear with me, and feel free to point out if I miss anything. This should be a relatively short adventure as a result to see how I take to things.

Dice rolls can be made for this with Invisible Castle - I'll make any that aren't made there, and I'll make rolls such as Spot, Listen and Sense Motive where knowledge of the roll implies there is something to find.

IC speech should be between quotes, or in colour, or both, thoughts in italics, and OOC comments marked as such. Please try and be clear when posting, and feel free to clarify any action with an OOC comment.

I may modify your characters actions if it makes sense to do so, to keep the game moving. For example, if you're casting a spell, and because actions previous in initiative, would provoke an attack of opportunity, I might add a 5ft step into your action to avoid the AoO.

Please keep me informed of things like prepared spells, and if these change let me know on here - I'll keep an eye on your character sheets but would appreciate that you make sure I notice!

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos looks to his fellows to see if any of them object, then back to the man in the cart.

"We're on out way to Fallon," the monk offers. "I think we'd be most grateful for any help you could give in shortening the journey."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden looks over the cart driver for a second, sizing the man up. As Eanos steps forward though, he shrugs to himself and then nods along with the monk.

"If you are offering. . ."

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana

Joru ghe Bana

Joru takes a look at the wagon and says:

The Cottonwoods grow faster than the Walnuts, but the little Roses will never match their stature.

In Life we each have our own gifts but I will never bound along with much height.

If my companions are agreeable, I will welcome a ride in your wagon.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid 3

Quarion looks hesitantly at the creaking carriage. "Someday I will have no use for such contraptions... but today is not that day." He sits down, clearly uncomfortable. "Will you accept our services as protectors of your goods as payment for the ride, sir human?"

As the cart moves out into the wilderness, Quarion whistles sharply every few minutes. After a short while, a patch of gray fur can be seen every now and then, darting among the undergrowth of the forest alongside the road, trailing the passage of the cart.

wmasters

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion looks hesitantly at the creaking carriage. "Someday I will have no use for such contraptions... but today is not that day." He sits down, clearly uncomfortable. "Will you accept our services as protectors of your goods as payment for the ride, sir human?"

"Aye, get on already," the man says cheerfully. "'Tis a long walk to Fallon otherwise, and it's not far out of my way. I'll be grateful for the company anyhow, it's a long ride as well!"

The back of the cart isn't the most comfortable method of travel, designed more for transporting goods than people. A couple of apples roll around in the back of the cart, which smells earthy and slightly rotten. It is, however, faster than walking, and the cart provides some small shelter from the rain, which continues at a slow drizzle.

As you pull off the cart driver turns and calls out, "The name's Jebadiah. What're your names?"

Late in the afternoon the cart pulls up to a roadside inn, The Gilded Rose. Even with the shelter that the cart offered, the rain has soaked through everything, leaving you wet and sodden. The inn looks welcoming, you can see through an open door the heart-warming glow of a fire. "We'll be stopping here for the night," calls the cart driver, "Get in and get yourselves dry."

OOC: Hafrogman, that's an awesome picture of Alden on your character sheet!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases