A Game of Thrones Roleplaying Game questions

Gundark

Explorer
Just eyeing up the game of thrones RPG. Just a few questions.

#1 Can the book be used in a non-westros game?

#2 Is there a quicker system for "stating" NPCs (kinda like Villian classes in IH)? Or is making NPCs basically just like making PCs?

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey Gundark! Yes parts of the game can port over to other games though it plays the best covering a Westeros' campaign. Combat is very deadly & uses armor as DR. Shock value is easily used in other campaign (though this is what makes it so deadly). Influence & Rep. rules could be easily be used other campaigns as well. Magic is rare & its introduction might take some work but could be done. There is a list of Npc's at the back of the book but a DM would have to put some work into making an inculsive list.

That being said I love the way GoO modified the D20 system to fit the world of Westeros! I hope that helps. Thanks Maester Luwin

Azgulor

Adventurer
Gundark said:

#2 Is there a quicker system for "stating" NPCs (kinda like Villian classes in IH)? Or is making NPCs basically just like making PCs?

#1 - I sure as hell hope so, since I've been doing it! I took Shock, Fatigue, Influence, social class, feats, defects, and prestige classes and mixed them with my Conan RPG rules. I then use the whole mix to run my Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign.

#2 - NPC/character creation in GoT is no harder or easier to create than in D&D or other d20 games. There are no IH-style villain classes, but nothing says you have to fully stat out enemy NPCs either.

Azgulor

Cor Azer

First Post
Gundark said:

Just in case you were mroeso refering to games based on the eastern continent rather than Westeros, it is still a yes - the rulebook can do a Dothraki or Free Cities game, but note that the vast majority of the fluff in the rulebook is based on only the first novel - A Game of Thrones itself - and so there's not a whole lot of non-Westerosi content. And with GoO's demise, you may need to look around the 'Net for decent non-Westeros flavoured game "crunch".

Gundark said:

Making NPCs is basically just like making PCs, but as a few others have mentioned, you certainly don't need to flash them out as much as PCs. Just note the most relevent things (ie, combat stats if the PCs will be fighting them, skills/influence if there's diplomacy on the way, etc.)

Remove ads