OOC: Equivalent Exchange--Can Take one More for Psiren

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, I actually meant metal and stone. :heh:

Ok, now, don't get me wrong, I accept your ruling but the reason Ed used a circle when freezing Sloth was because he didn't want to touch Al in case the Philosipher's stone had a weird reaction. There a plenty of instances where Ed transmutes something other than stone or metal without a circle. So are there any exceptions? Like say staining something or removing a stain? Sort of like prestidigitation. :D I'm not going to get all grouchy if you say "No exceptions" if you're worried about that.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Yeah, I actually meant metal and stone. :heh:

Ok, now, don't get me wrong, I accept your ruling but the reason Ed used a circle when freezing Sloth was because he didn't want to touch Al in case the Philosipher's stone had a weird reaction. There a plenty of instances where Ed transmutes something other than stone or metal without a circle. So are there any exceptions? Like say staining something or removing a stain? Sort of like prestidigitation. :D I'm not going to get all grouchy if you say "No exceptions" if you're worried about that.
There are definitely exceptions--that's what extra effort is for--but Ed very rarely transmutes nonmetal/stone without a circle (admittedly he does do it), and when he does, it seems to take much more out of him than normal, just like Extra Effort--the rules mimic the show pretty nicely, actually. I just figured you had no need to use Extra Effort in this case (you can also use a Hero Point to not spend Extra Effort for a very special transmutation for climactic moments, like Ed weakening Greed).

Dire Lemming

First Post
Ok, I'd like to know about something specific though: Does Al need a circle to clean or stain something? Like when Ed cleaned himself of the muddy water after he was splashed in The Phantom Theif or when he made his hair soak up dye in one of the later episodes. (can't remember which) In the later one he comments to an impressed Winry that it's really easy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Ok, I'd like to know about something specific though: Does Al need a circle to clean or stain something? Like when Ed cleaned himself of the muddy water after he was splashed in The Phantom Theif or when he made his hair soak up dye in one of the later episodes. (can't remember which) In the later one he comments to an impressed Winry that it's really easy.
I'd say that would be simple enough to just allow without a circle--the floating would be the main reason for the circle just now.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think Rystal is a bit busy overall right now.

unleashed said:
Also, just noticed the pictures for Lust and Rose have disappeared.
Lust wasn't quite right, so I think that is why she was taken down. Either that or the original host was unhappy.

Remove ads