Shadowcaster advice

WarlockLord

First Post
Currently I am working on a 7th level shadowcaster with the following mysteries and feats:

Mysteries:
Fundamentals-Arrow of Dusk (2), black candle, sight obscured

1-life fades, bend perspective

2-flesh fails, piercing sight

3-umbral touch, killing shadows

4-shadow evocation

Feats:
Still Mystery
Reach Mystery
Maximize Mystery
Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot

Equipment:
Boots of Speed
+1 shadow silk leather
cloak of cha +2
morningstar
light crossbow
adventurer's kit
mwk violin (rpg reasons)

The idea behind this character is to cast maximized reach umbral touch, and then use the boots of speed with rapid shot to get in as many attacks as possible. If all attacks hit, he should be dealing 93 points of damage per round. He is also expected to scout (and has maxed out hide & move silently.

What I am not certain of is if I should switch the eyes of darkness path (bend perspective, piercing sight, killing shadows) for something else. Advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

nightjackal

First Post
I am currently playing a 9th level on with the same paths and human with Dark creature template. I use the Eyes of Darkness path a bit but not as often as I would like, but peiceing sight is less useful to me since I have darkvision naturaly. If you are playing a straight human you might use it more.

Thought for the scout I would look into taking the Ebony Whispers path....gets you a quick message ablity for when you scouting ahead and last one makes doors easier to deal with as well as defense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases