New feat: Lasting fury (follow up for Fury ot Wolverine)

B4cchus

Explorer
Lasting Fury
Prerequisites: Fury of the Wolverine
Benefit: Whenever you are in rage and receive damage equal to your level x 3 in a single round, the duration of your rage is extended by one round.
Normal: Your rage only lasts for equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier.

I'm not quite sure about the damage threshold. I don't want to put the con mod in the calculation, because that would seem like punishing higher-con characters.
Although 3 x level may seem low, the effect is not super powerfull AND this is a follow-up feat (requiring Fury ot Wolverine).
I'm also doubting between "damage recieved in a single round" and "damage receieved in a single attack". In the latter case, the rage would not be extended by more than once in a round (in case of multiple attacka against the barbarian in a round).

Comments?

Fury of the Wolverine (already approved but not yet in the R&M thread) is found here.

copied for your convenience:

Fury of the wolverine [General]
Prerequisites: Rage ability
Benefit: Every time you suffer in the same combat damage equal or greater than half of your total hit points you instantly fly into rage.
This effect only takes place if you are currently not sleeping, dying or unconscious or the damage you receieved removes this condition (or all if you suffer from more than one of these conditions).
This does not decrease the number of times you can enter rage per day.
You may try to ignore this effect by making a will save DC 10+ the damage from last attack you recieved.
You do not gain extra benefits if you are already in rage.
Normal: You can only enter rage a number of times equal to you daily used of this ability.

Patlin

Explorer
So (with the single attack option) if you're level 17 or higher, you'll be making a massive damage save in order to use the feat?

:)

Hard feat to use. Maybe if it was any time you are the victim of a critical hit?

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
So (with the single attack option) if you're level 17 or higher, you'll be making a massive damage save in order to use the feat?

Hard feat to use. Maybe if it was any time you are the victim of a critical hit?

It isn't per attack, it is per rounds.

B4cchus

Explorer
Patlin said:

Like Patlin said, it's per round. Besides.. criticals at lvl 17 tend to let you roll that same save anyway..

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:

Oh, darn--when I was trying to remember all the things I don't like about RAW that I houserule away, I forgot about massive damage saves, probably because they are so universally abhorred and eschewed by people who play at higher levels. Yuck--LEW, like any game, is the worse for having these. At high levels, it is like making every attack vorpal (vorpal = every hit has a 5% chance for a 20, which kills you. MDS = every hit (at high levels they all do enough damage) has a 5% chance for a 1 on your save, which kills you)

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
It isn't per attack, it is per rounds.

This is from the original proposal:

B4cchus said:
I'm also doubting between "damage recieved in a single round" and "damage receieved in a single attack". In the latter case, the rage would not be extended by more than once in a round (in case of multiple attacka against the barbarian in a round).

Bront

The man with the probe
I think this would function better either when you take damage at a flat #, or simply taking damage.

LiquidBlue

First Post
I think simply taking damage in the round should be sufficient. I would probably word it as so:

Any round in which you take damage does not count against the duration of your rage.

Erekose13

Explorer
I agree that basing it on damage per round would be good. Per attack would require too much damage soaking to be effective. I think I'd be okay with the 3xlevel damage. Normally d12 hitdice is what 9hp/level+con. So this lets you gain an extra round equal to 1/3 your base hit points.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases