They are gonna get married. Hmm...

Michael Morris

First Post
Two of the PC's are finally going to be married after one had died for 5 hours. When she came back from the rod of ressurection she remembered the Goddess of Love telling her, "If you don't ask the next time you take a dirt nap sweety you aren't coming back."

Anyway, they saw the prince and the princess in action with the twin and twin share spell feat and have asked if they could do the same. So I'm prepared to charge each of them one feat slot and the sorcerer must also permanently forgo the ability to summon a familiar (Essentially she becomes his familiar). If the characters ever break their wedding vows the feats will be lost.

I'm already shivering at the thought of the rogue delivering shocking grasp sneak attack touches though. She's 9th level so that's 10d6 of love (5 from the spell, 5 from the sneak) - and that's just touching.

Thoughts?

Notmousse

First Post
It's a feat a piece, *and* the sorcerer's familiar which are going bye bye for this singular ability. I don't see a problem with it.

Now if either could take those familiar feats that make 'em much meaner than they should be I might begin to question things.

Are you gonna name the sorcerer's spent feat 'enamored familiar'?

Michael Morris

First Post
I have no idea what to name the feats. That's what the thread is for. However, I don't think the term "familiar" should figure into this - if two spellcasters married I'd imagine the link should work both ways.

Notmousse

First Post
Beloved Companion sounds like a Druid's feat.

I'd just call if Familiar link and give it this wording.

Spellcasting Link
Your connection to another allows benefits similar to a familiar.
requirements: ability to acquire a familiar, or spouce of one able to acquire a familiar.
Benefit: Both spellcaster and spouce receive the benefits under the special column as would a normal familiar and master. Spouce does nto gain any of the increases to natural armor or intelligence.

ceratitis

First Post
i second heartbond.
have you thought about the shades of infidality? say a witch charms the hubbi into making love to her, was he unfaithful? what if she is made to believe he is dead and starts another relationship only it turns out he isnt? how about simply getting too drunk in the company of some beautiful girl/attractive guy?
what if say 10 years from now they mutualy decide to end it, do they suffer the loss?
lol
Z

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, if you are worried about balance, worry not. The rogue could always take a level of sorcerer plus the Practiced Spellcaster feat for the same mechanical benefit: shocking grasp + sneak attack. Plus the added benefit of ray of frost + sneak attack on the first round.

It really isn't as unbalancing as it seems, although one might argue that this is the problem with Practiced Spellcaster.

Remove ads