Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Honestly, I could care less what's wrapped around the PayPal button anymore. I'd also rather see PDF publishers getting the lion's share of the fruits of their labor, and I am willing to navigate to your Web site to do it. I also prefer not to pay more for your PDFs because the commission on your product just went up and now you have to set the price on your products - higher.

So if you are a PDF publisher and you sell your products directly from your Website, give a shout out here!

I'm not asking anyone to stop selling at the major PDF outlets. You'd be crazy to do that because they offer large audiences and exposure. I'm also not asking you to set up a store at your site if you don't have one or don't want one - I'm still your loyal customer and I'll keep buying from you anyway.

If I buy from you, it's because I like your work. I'm willing to go a couple of clicks out of my way to show that support.

Edit: Below is the list of publishers that sell from their Websites directly taken from the posts below in alpha order. I'm only listing publishers who have replied directly because I don't know what business arrangements they have with the various PDF retail outlets and I don't want to step on any toes.

You can buy directly from the following PDF Publishers:

0one Games

Adamant Entertainment - Coming soon!

Creative Mountain Games

DragonWing Games - Coming soon!

Dreamscarred Press

Firefly Games

Green Ronin

Guild of Blades

Highmoon Media Productions - Coming soon!

HinterWelt Enterprises - Coming soon!

Kenzer and Company

Misfit Studios

Paradigm Concepts - Coming soon!

Ronin Arts

Polgarus Games

Politically Incorrect Games (PIG)

Silven Publishing

UKG Publishing

Zombie Nirvana

Update 10/30/06: Not every publisher that distributes through OBS will be raising their prices when the commission percentage goes up (in January 2007 I believe?). See this thread for more details:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=178949

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
jaerdaph said:
Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

I have, since as long as I have sold things, if only to give an alternative to customers. While most, myself included, feel RPGNow.com is a good store, there are a number of people who may have had bad experiences and still want to purchase products. It only makes sense to provide at least one option.

Bacris

First Post
Dreamscarred Press does (which I'm a co-owner of). We're pretty new, but we've got a nice, fully-integrated, fully-functional storefront (and we use paypal, but you don't need a paypal account to pay) :)

Link is in the sig.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
jaerdaph, could you update your OP with the list (and link to) each publisher that speaks up?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Jdvn1 said:
jaerdaph, could you update your OP with the list (and link to) each publisher that speaks up?

I'd be glad to do that. :)

I'll wait until a few more reply though - plus I'm supposed to be working right now ;)

pigames.net

Explorer
Politically Incorrect Games (PIG) sell directly from its website at http://www.pigames.net. In fact, our Disposable Heroes Paper Minis and Gamer's Advantage Subscription program are both tied to the store.

RPGNow, however, has always been our primary alternate source, and it will continue to be so in the future.

sjmiller

Explorer
I know that Steve Jackson Games sells from their own store, e23.com. Atlas Games uses e23, if I am not mistaken. I can't remember if Microtactix sells from their site. Wow, I am really not up on d20 publishers, am I?

JohnNephew

First Post
sjmiller said:
I know that Steve Jackson Games sells from their own store, e23.com. Atlas Games uses e23, if I am not mistaken.

We do use e23, but it is not an exclusive agreement. We just started listing products with them in late September. We no longer sell through RPGNow, but e23 sales give us a larger cut than we used to even before the new merger's price increase.

I had been distracted by other things and hadn't gotten our entire digital catalog uploaded to e23 yet, but I hope to do a lot more of it this weekend, to maintain availability of these products to our customers. I do believe most or all of our digital d20 offerings are there already.

-John Nephew
President, Atlas Games

sjmiller

Explorer
JohnNephew said:
I had been distracted by other things and hadn't gotten our entire digital catalog uploaded to e23 yet, but I hope to do a lot more of it this weekend, to maintain availability of these products to our customers. I do believe most or all of our digital d20 offerings are there already.
I know that is where I will go to get stuff. I have really liked working with Steve Jackson Games (as a customer, a playtester, and doing one tiny writeup in one book), so I have no worries about dealing with them for PDFs. I especially like this policy I found in their FAQ:
e23 FAQ said:
Q. Are the files in e23 copy protected?
A. No. That would interfere with your use of them. We just have to hope that we can sell enough to honest people to make up for what gets stolen by the kiddies and cheapskates.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases