Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al listens silently to Claus' story as they walk. It's all a bit much to take in at once, but as famous as Ed and he had apparently become he figured he’d better get used to things like this now that he was traveling. Lost in thought as he is, he doesn’t notice that they have arrived at their destination until Claus announces it. He steps inside and takes a seat as their hostess directs. “Er, thank you.” He stammers, coming back to his senses. “You have a very nice house… It seems like something strange must be happening if so many people really think they’ve seen this alchemist walking around. Maybe I should take a look. Where do people say they see him?”

unleashed

First Post
“Thank you... the train ride was a little tiring,” Rose offers as she follows Claus inside, blushing a little as she takes a seat, “I’m sorry, in all the excitement of meeting someone from Al’s past, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Rose... Rose Thomas.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hello there Rose," Claus offers, sitting down herself as well, "They said they saw the alchemist walking near his old abandoned house or the graveyard, but there's no need to hold stock in such rumours. However, there have been girls vanishing again, even boys too, particularly travelers who will not be missed...so I think it is more likely that one or more of those Karin dolls have come back for revenge..."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al still has hardly any idea what she is talking about, and his face shows it, still if people are disapearing then something needs to be done. "Revenge? Dolls? What's a... Karin?" he finds himself feeling kind of stupid, like he should somehow understand all of this.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Karin--the girl that Majihal wanted to bring back to life, except he didn't realise she had never died in the first place. So he created lifeless dolls in her image and animated them with the bound souls of the village girls..." Claus shivers, "That almost happened to me, too."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes," Claus sighs in agreement, "Fortunately, that was so far in the past that it almost seems a bad dream to me now. Anyway, there's no need to concern yourself with all this. We'll work it out, one way or another...Would you two like some supper? I can fix something, and put some tea to boil too--it's getting cold, and something warm would be nice, I'm sure."

unleashed

First Post
“Oh, that would be lovely... thank you Claus,” Rose sighs appreciatively, a small smile coming to her lips as she regains her composure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Claus heads off into the kitchen.*

"Klaus, is that you?" a man's voice calls out.

"Yes father, don't worry. I'm just boiling some tea for our guests and fixing them some supper."

"Oh, we have guests?"

"Yes, Alphonse Elric, one of those two alchemists from fifteen years ago, and his lady friend, Rose."

"Oh, the big one in the armour--" a greying but still decently-athletic man comes out of the kitchen to greet the two of them, "Well hello there--hey, you've gotten smaller...and so young. Never thought we'd see you again all the way out here. Thanks again for saving my dear Claus and helping my elder daughter rest in peace by avenging her."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al glances down at his feet and rubs the back of his head, all he says is "Er, well, you're welcome.", still remembering his embarrasment from the last time I tried to explain things. Anyway, Claus can explain it to her father if she feels like it. "Thank you for your hospitality."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases