Equivalent Exchange--Episode 2: Blood is Thicker

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: And now to set the scene--click here for some familiar music)

'Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days...we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.' --Alphonse Elric

(OOC: I think I'm going to use a bit of SBLOCKs just for the beginning, but there shouldn't be more than a few for each person before it all comes together :))

[SBLOCK=Lust]*Lust walks slowly down the backstreets of Central, noticing how the buildings and landscape have subtly changed over the years...humans, despite everything going against them, are so industrious--is that part of what it means to be alive? She is looking for a way to get to the ruins of Laboratory 5, but it seems that all access has been restricted by the military, and that area is fenced off. Still...*

*As she walks down a narrow alleyway, she suddenly hears a metallic clanking, and an armoured man drops from a rooftop onto the ground in front of her, brandishing a small skinning knife with a transmutation circle on the blade.*

"Oh, look what we have here--how pretty!" he laughs darkly, advancing on her with the blade.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Elysia]*According to her calculations based on the descriptions of the previous murders, Elysia tries to narrow down the area she'll need to search for clues as to the murderer's true identity and location. She finds that many of the crimes are concentrated in a particular district, and turns to head off there, when Mother notices her on the way out.*

"Going somewhere, angel?" she asks, love and concern evident in her voice, "You must have heard about all those murders lately--it's not safe for girls to be out on the streets alone, darling."[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Selim]*Having received his orders, Selim suits up and prepares, his sabre and pistol both at the ready in case he needs them at a moment's notice. As he heads out of Central Command, he passes Brigadier General Hawkeye walking in the other direction, followed by Black Hayate at her heels.*

riza_hawkeye.jpg

black-hayate-2.jpg

"Think you can handle this one, Bradley?" she asks simply, her face its usual stern mask.
[/SBLOCK]

Raylis

First Post
Elysia Hughes

[sblock=Elysia]

Elysia stops at the door, 'I'm going to visit Daddy." she gives Gracia a smile, "Don't worry, Mom, I'll be careful."

without waiting for a reply she walks out the door and begins to head in the direction of the flower shop, only to turn toward the distrcit once she's out of sight. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Lust]The woman, here eyes covered like many Ishbalan's these days, looked at the thug with an empty expression. They do not change. Always seeking that they think is theirs. For some, it can be used. For others... The woman who still thinks of herself as Lust checks a sigh.

"Oh. I would not do that if I were you. One does not play with alchemy without giving something up in exchange. You would not want to get... hurt."

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lust]"Give up!..." he rasps, "Oh yes, I know your equivalent exchange...I've paid my due. Oh, but your flesh is exquisite!"

*He swings the blade towards Lust, but perhaps he expects her to cower in fear or at least be an easier target--she finds it effortless to dodge and twist to the side, as the blade comes down and hits the ground, the transmutation circle flashing as the ground rumbles and bursts, the stones on the top surface of the street peeling off and scattering about.* [/SBLOCK]

stonegod

[sblock=Lust]The woman arches an eyebrow, trying to recognize the alchemical affect and the transmutation circle that induced it. As she easily dances away from the thug, she tsks softly.

"Dangerous toy you have there. What did you have to exchange to get your hands on it. And, where did you happen upon it?"

[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lust]*It seems to be basic but very precise alchemy on the internal structure that makes it roil and peels off the surface. It seems like it wasn't meant for stone, though, so it wasn't perfectly effective.*

"It's a little trick of my own--why don't you see how much more beautiful it looks when I use it on your soft squishy flesh!"

(OOC: Is she not going to perform any actions of her own? ;))[/SBLOCK]

Festy_Dog

First Post
[sblock=Selim]Selim salutes then stands at ease while speaking to his superior.

"It should not be too difficult, Brigadier General. Revisiting crime scenes, looking over evidence, conducting interviews with witnesses and the victims' families. Within that I should get the leads I need," he replies with a confidence in routine bred into him by a life in the military.[/sblock]

stonegod

[sblock=Lust]
OOC: Mouse, meet Cat. :)

The mysterious woman waits patiently for the thugs ineffective attack, and then casually tries to disarm the thug, and then pin him against the far wall. He wasn't to die yet; his tool may have come from Lab 5. But he would not last long.
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lust](OOC: So a standard action to block, which gives a free disarm. Pin will have to be next round)

*The armoured man snarls and charges at her again, this time placing his attack more accurately, but she extends her fingers and tries to swat the blade away. She manages to keep it from her body that way, but she can't quite disarm it, and when it comes in contact with her extended fingers, there is a crackling of red light as the flesh peels from the fingers and they crack and break away, causing her to cry in pain like when they cracked her fingers after she disobeyed Dante...*

"Mmmm, interesting alchemy yourself! Look at the pretty little fingers--imagine how beautiful a canvas it will be when I strike you through the HEART!"

(OOC: She still has the fingers on the other hand, and if she rests for a standard action, she'll recover fully)[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Selim]"Good work soldier, proceed as you were," Hawkeye replies, nodding coolly as she walk past and they both continue in opposite directions.

*Once she is completely behind him and facing the other way, with no one else to see, her expression turns to a pensive, if worried smile. She leans over and rubs Black Hayate on the head before turning the corner and disappearing, leaving Selim to his work.*[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases