Escape Key

mattcolville

Adventurer
I hate it. Please disable it. I just, not for the first time, typed a long post and accidently hit the Esc key in the middle, and the entire message dissapeared and I can't Undo it.

Why does it do this? Why on earth would you ever want a single keystroke to destroy your entire post?

hong

WotC's bitch
That's a function of your browser, not of the board software, I believe. And on IE 6 at least, pressing Ctrl-Z brings the text back.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Nope, control-Z does this: .

There's nothing in any of my browser settings that says "Escape Key To Erase All Text In A Field." So unless you can tell me under what category of Preference it is, I'm going to stick with "It's the board software."

mattcolville

Adventurer
Well it's not a browser preference. But control-z does work on a PC. Of course, I use a Mac.

It's also IE specific, not netscape. Hmm....well, my PC's faster than my mac anyway. May be a reason to switch...I hate loosing messages like that.

pensiv

Explorer
no one said that it was a browser preference it is a browser function, which means that no matter how much it sucks, you have to live with it as long as you use that browser.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases