Dave "Wormy" Trampier Interviewed . . .

Cthulhudrew

First Post
That's strange. The article you linked to says it was published on 11/17/05 all right, but I know that interview has been around for a lot longer than 1 year. People have been trying to get the lowdown on Dave Trampier for ages now, and that article is always one of the ones they link to.

It seems especially strange since the Daily Egyptian website that article is linked to only has archives going back to 2002 (it's their old website).

There are a couple of threads about his whereabouts going around, notably this one at the Paizo boards, and there was someone on the Mystara boards at Wizards investigating as well, though I can't find the thread offhand.

There's also this one at rpgnet, which has a reference to this post by Jolly Blackburn that more or less confirms my story about the date of the article. In it, Jolly mentions that that article led a number of people to try and track down Dave, and that he himself talked to Dave "a few summers ago." The post was made on 3/23/05, well before the website claims to have published that article, and a few summers back would have placed the article even further back than that.

Hm- thought I'd check the source code on that page to see if there was an internal clock issue, but no such luck. That date was typed in. Strange.

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
DMH said:
Ever read an old issue of Dragon? He was the artist who wrote Wormy.

And was on the staff of The Dragon (back when it was The Dragon) doing other art for the magazine. He also was on the staff of TSR doing art for minor works like the AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide, the AD&D Player's Handbook, AD&D Monster Manual, Tomb of Horrors, G-series, D-series & Temple of Elemental Evil.

Ghendar

First Post
How interesting would it be to get in his cab with someone else and start talking about how great Wormy was? Of course, all the time pretending that you didn't know your cabby was Tramp himself.
Doing it in an admiring way, not intending to piss him off. I've heard he's quite touchy about gamers and gaming in general.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases