Adopt a Wiki-monster!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hi there! :)

In an effort to clean up the D&D articles on Wikipedia, some editors are tagging articles to be deleted. A few of the monster articles have come up; if they are not "improved" satisfactorily within the next few days, it is likely that they will go bye-bye.

If you would like, feel free to "adopt" one or more of the following articles:

Aspis
Thoul
Nilbog

starwed

First Post
I'd have to say I'd consider only the nilbog notable in the first place, and it no longer seems to be in danger. (I hadn't heard of the other 2)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I added nilbog and thoul information to the Goblinoid entry just in case they bit the bullet.

I can't really figure out a way to save the aspis.

Cor Azer

First Post
Shade said:
I added nilbog and thoul information to the Goblinoid entry just in case they bit the bullet.

I can't really figure out a way to save the aspis.

That's likely the best option. As soemone else mentioned, I've never heard of the Aspis or Thoul, and even the Nilbog has only cropped up as a trivia note in occasional conversations.

Rhun

First Post
If I am not mistaken, the Aspis is from the orignal AD&D Monster Manual 2? May have had an appearance before that in an adventure. I seem to recall that they were an insect creature of some type.

smootrk

First Post
The Aspis was in the old Slave Lords modules... fly people if I remember correctly. The thoul was a critter in the Basic/Advanced boxed games way back. I seem to remember it vaguely mentioned in the original Keep on the Borderlands module as an alternative monster to replace the Minotaur (and I just checked the old module itself - says so on p.14, under Emptied Areas).

Gez

First Post
Wasn't the Thoul given a printed form at last in one or two books published quite recently? That could go in the article. Also, I think references would be needed for the origin of the thoul.

Richards

Legend
Hey, if anybody adopts the Aspis entry, do me a favor and change my first name in the "References" section to "Johnathan." You'll have my undying gratitude.

And if nobody adopts it and the entry goes away, well then no worries. :)

Johnathan

DMH

First Post
smootrk said:
The Aspis was in the old Slave Lords modules... fly people if I remember correctly.

Weird weevil people with an ant-like social structure. And their first appearance was A2, along with the tenebra complexor. Anyone know what the common name for that critter?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases