ENnies voting booth now open!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The booth will be open until 24th July.

There are some fairly draconian security measures, so please read the instructions before entering. You only get one chance, and once you leave the booth you won't be able to re-enter.

Good luck to all the nominees! :)

http://www.enworld.org/booth.htm

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Would have been nice to have a 'No answer' selection, because in some cases, I didn't have all the products (or haven't even seen them).

I also can't believe Freeport didn't make it into the best art category. Hrrmph! That's probably the nicest looking RPG book I own. Even with the pokemon doll in it.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well if some one DIDN'T vote for the SLCS, I'm definately going to find that voodoodoll.com site and start inflicting LOTS of needles on people for not voting for that! ;) *is kidding*

der_kluge

Adventurer
Two questions -

Is the email that it sends the confirmation to being used to validate that someone isn't voting twice? In other words, if I had one e-mail address, but worked in a computer lab, could I go to every computer in the lab and vote, and just confirm those votes 30 times once I got to my email? Or does it recognize that the e-mail address has been used already, and denies future voting?

Second question is - can non EN-world members vote?

Just trying to figure out how draconian the booth really is.

Yes, I voted once, and will only vote once, I just want to make sure we don't have the same thing happen with the whole encounter contest fiasco.

EricNoah

Adventurer
The security as I understand it is as follows:

IP checking and a cookie to make sure the same computer isn't used twice.

E-mail confirmation to make it less convenient to cheat by other methods.

The two work together.

And anyone can vote, not just EN World folk.

Nikchick

Explorer
EricNoah said:
The security as I understand it is as follows:

IP checking and a cookie to make sure the same computer isn't used twice.

E-mail confirmation to make it less convenient to cheat by other methods.

The two work together.

And anyone can vote, not just EN World folk.

I heard a WotC-ite complain today that they tried to go vote when they got to work this morning, but got a "You've already voted in this survey" message. I'm assuming this means the first person to vote from the WotC offices got their vote counted and now anyone else is out of luck because of the shared connection?

Nicole

EricNoah

Adventurer
It depends, I guess, on the company's server setup. At my place of work, for instance, every computer has a unique IP address ... internally; but apparently requests going out go out on only 1 of 4 IPs. Not totally sure how that all works.

A few others (very few, but some) have indicated a similar problem (went online to vote, being told they've already voted). But we're not sure why that's happening. Should be recording unique IPs only, not just the domain or groups of IPs.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd suggest that WotC staff try voting from home, rather than from work. That should solve the problem for them.

This is just one of the prices we pay for security. One day, someone will invent a better way to do it!

Remove ads