Tomb of Horrors 3.5

sam500

First Post
I ran the Tomb of Horrors as a one shot last night for Halloween as for a group of 10. There was a prize to see who could last the longest. I killed 4 PC's relatively quickly, but than the wizard of the group completely through me off. She successfully mind jarred, the mutant four armed gargoyle. The same mutant four armed gargoyle that was about to TPK everyone. This made her into the ultimate fighting and trapfinding machine with a DR of 10/-. It really through me a loop and made the group survive that much farther.
Damn those clever PC's. :)
Does anyone else have any funny stories of the Tomb of Horrors to share?
Cheers,
Sam

Last edited:

Archade

Azer Paladin
We ran the ENWorld conversion of ToH a few years ago when we first got into 3.0. We rolled up characters of a lofty 12th level, which were godly and strangely powerful to us at that point. Keep in mind we were all new-ish to the game, having been away from D&D for many years.

One of the players ran a halfling Wizard/Alienist. At the point that the juggernaut appeared and squelched two PCs, the player playing the halfling decided to summon a pseudonatural orca whale to save the day.

I (at the time not realizing you couldn't summon an aquatic creature on to dry land) was flabbergasted and impressed, and the players cheered as they heard of the mighty juggernaut slewing, tilting, and skidding up against so much horrific extradimensional blubber that jammed it's path.

Treebore

First Post
Could you do me a favor? Change the title of your thread to Tomb instead of Tome. I keep thinking this thread may be about Necromancer Games Tome of Horror series. It may also get you more traffic about Tomb.

Glyfair

Explorer
Treebore said:
Could you do me a favor? Change the title of your thread to Tomb instead of Tome. I keep thinking this thread may be about Necromancer Games Tome of Horror series. It may also get you more traffic about Tomb.

Yeah, the OP keeps switching between Tome & Tomb (both appear in his post). For a second I was wondering why he was asking about people's experiences with Tome of Horrors after having run Tomb of Horrors.

Of course, part of this comes from two similarly titled products, both with significant updates for a 3.5 version. The closest other variation I saw was when both Unearthed Arcana and Arcana Unearthed were on the shelves at the same time.

Remathilis

Legend
Olaf the Stout said:
Add another victim to Tome/Tomb confusion.

Olaf the Stout

Ah yes, I remember playing the Tome of Horrors using Arcana Unearthed.

Or was that Tomb of Horror using Unearthed Arcana...

Remove ads