Grass Tiles

sjmiller

Explorer
I don't always have a battle in every game session, but when I do I like to have the area look good. I don't like just drawing out maps on my plexiglass tabletop (though I do from time to time), which is why I use stuff like the Skeleton Key Games tiles, or tiles from the Dungeon Tile Creator I just got from 0one Games (I think). One thing I find missing, and just can't seem to find anywhere, are some nice, plain, open grass tiles. Maybe green grass, maybe some old brown grass, but blank tiles like that are next to impossible to find. Has anyone ever made anything like that, or know where I can get some? I have a perfect encounter in mind for my game this weekend, and while I have the trees on the edge of the clearing all set, the clearing is a little lacking.

Thanks!

Shallown

First Post
I had this problem and finally found some and I wish I could tell you were but I lost all that stuff do to a computer crash some time ago. I would go to Dunjinni site forumns and ask some one to throw one together and present it as a PDF you could use. It should be simple and quick and those users are good folk.

Later

It is also a good place to find cool tiles for general use.

Later

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I use an original Steel Sqwire Flip-Mat. It's ten bucks for what amounts to nine contiguous outdoor/grass tiles on which you can use either dry or wet erase markers, depending on your preference and the whole thing folds up and fits between your game books. Although the site claims it can "handle" permanent markers, I am not sure what that means and haven't dared tried it out yet. I assume they mean that if someone accidently draws on it with one, it will come clean later. If that ever happens, I'll be glad if that's the case. In any event, I haven't had any problems with it in a year of use. The other three versions (Forest Path Flip-Mat, City Square Flip-Mat, Dungeon Flip-Mat) look nice but I haven't picked them up yet. I figure it is less expensive than trying to make nine color tiles that can be drawn upon and wiped clean.

beldar1215

Explorer
I had a friend who bought one of the plain ones and marked on it with a Sharpie. All he had to do to get it off was to draw over it with a Dry-erase marker and them wipe it clean. He didn't leave the Sharpie on there for very long, so I don't know if it would cause problems to leave it for an extended time. It came right off after about 10 mins.

Beldar

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
beldar1215 said:
I had a friend who bought one of the plain ones and marked on it with a Sharpie. All he had to do to get it off was to draw over it with a Dry-erase marker and them wipe it clean. He didn't leave the Sharpie on there for very long, so I don't know if it would cause problems to leave it for an extended time. It came right off after about 10 mins.

Beldar

Thanks for the info. It's a good method to know in case it ever comes up. :)

Wik

First Post
Mark CMG said:
I use an original Steel Sqwire Flip-Mat. It's ten bucks for what amounts to nine contiguous outdoor/grass tiles on which you can use either dry or wet erase markers, depending on your preference and the whole thing folds up and fits between your game books. Although the site claims it can "handle" permanent markers, I am not sure what that means and haven't dared tried it out yet. I assume they mean that if someone accidently draws on it with one, it will come clean later. If that ever happens, I'll be glad if that's the case. In any event, I haven't had any problems with it in a year of use. The other three versions (Forest Path Flip-Mat, City Square Flip-Mat, Dungeon Flip-Mat) look nice but I haven't picked them up yet. I figure it is less expensive than trying to make nine color tiles that can be drawn upon and wiped clean.

I just bought this last week, and used it for the first time yesterday. It's an awesome little piece of equipment that put me back only about ten bucks cdn.Highly recommend it.

BSF

Explorer
You know, I am pretty sure I either emailed or posted some feedback to Ed Bourelle that it would be nice to have just some plain grass tiles at one point. I'm glad to see I am not the only one that thinks it would be cool to have some blanks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases