Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Erekose13 said:
so lets see so far we've got:

• Bill ‘Longshanks’ Schnitz – human fighter 1 by CanadienneBacon

Good idea, composing a list like that. Lets folks know what might be missing.

Just wanted to clarify though, that the submission I wrote up for Bill Schnitz, human fighter 1, is actually intended to fill a sorcerer/wizard slot. If selected, Bill will be taking all his future levels in sorcerer.

Thanks again.

Trench, I just wanted to say that I thought Ada was cool and with the way you've written her background and character, I wouldn't mind playing with her even if her alignment descriptor ends up being Lawful Evil. She doesn't sound like the kind of character to cause trouble within a party, nor do you strike me as the type of player to use LE as an excuse to make trouble. No telling who might be picked for this game, but thought I'd chip in my own (admittedly unnecessary!) two cents. There are so many fine characters...I've gotten a lot of neat ideas for my own homebrew NPCs just from reading what's gone on in this thread. Thanks.

Trollbabe

First Post
I am new to EN World. Caught your post over at www.montecook.com and followed it here. I am at work right now but will pick equipment and stuff soon. :D

Name: Garnet
Race: Male Human
Class: Sorcerer
Align: Chaotic Neutral

STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 9
CHA: 16

AC: 11 (10 +1 Dex)
HP: 6 (10 +2 Con)

Saves:
Fort: +2 (0 Base +2 Con)
Refl: +1 (0 Base +1 Dex)
Will: +1 (2 Base -1 Wis)

Skills: Bluff +7 (4 ranks), Craft: Alchemy +4 (4 ranks), and Spellcraft +4 (4 ranks)

Feats: Eschew Materials, Spell Focus: Enchantment

Spells Known: 0 level: daze*, detect magic, disrupt undead, read magic; 1st level: shield, sleep*
Spell DC: 0 level 13; 1st level 14
Spells/Day: 0 level: 5; 1st level 4

Equipment:

Appearance:
Garnet has a roguish charm that many find alluring. Although attractive he does not stand out in a crowd. His eyes are mesmerizing and a raise of his eyebrow or smirk on his thin lips is worth a hundred words.

Background:
Born to a prostitute in the Docks of Ptolus Garnet’s life seemed bleak. At the young age of five Garnet began to display sparks of talent with arcane magic. In a dark alley beneath the cliffs of the city his mother struck a "deal" with a man. The man agreed to take the young Garnet beneath his wing as an apprentice. His new home was that of the Guildsman district in the shop of Olgrid an alchemist and wizard.

Olgrid was not a kind master and Garnet’s life did not get any easier after leaving the docks. He slowly developed a rudimentary knowledge of alchemy and arcane magics. But Garnet’s abilities stemmed from a different source then the selfish wizard Olgrid. This merely caused more tension between the student and pupil.

His slavery to Olgrid came to an end after an error in the shop making sunrods. The flames consumed the shop and when confronted by his master Garnet could take no more. Amid the burning timber and chemicals he murdered his master avenging every transgression he had ever inflicted against Garnet. The body of Olgrid was consumed by the fire and Garnet retreated to his former home in the docks.

Garnet’s mother welcomed him home and the two began to rebuild their lost years. Garnet did not speak of Olgrid or his demise. This reunion was short lived though… a villain known as Longcoat has returned to the Docks and left Garnet an orphan.

Personality:
Garnet is unpredictable and some might say a little off balanced. He no longer knows what he is capable of or where he belongs. His hard life has offered little hope leaving him skeptical of authority figures. His anger commonly clouds his judgment.

Last edited:

Trench

First Post
heh. Thanks Bacon, that's nice to hear. The more I think about it, the more I think Lawful Evil is apropriate actually (pending approval from Master Dustyboots). I've never been a fan of MUAHAHAHA Mustache Twirlers. The only trouble Ada may cause uneccessarily may be punching someone in the face (for non-lethal damage) for calling her a dreaded nickname.

dog45

First Post
I think Ada and Grant would get along well. It'd be interesting, at the least, given that they would know each other from their youth. Plus hearing about each other through their mutual interest.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'd like to see a few more sorcerer/wizard and cleric submissions, if people are still considering jumping in. At this point, we won't have alternates if the first party meets a grisly end.

bissichan

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I'd like to see a few more sorcerer/wizard and cleric submissions, if people are still considering jumping in. At this point, we won't have alternates if the first party meets a grisly end.

Hummm...coming up with a runner up...

Trench

First Post
dog45 said:
I think Ada and Grant would get along well. It'd be interesting, at the least, given that they would know each other from their youth. Plus hearing about each other through their mutual interest.

hm... yes and no. Ada's always a bit nervous, and therefore salty, when she runs into someone from the Warrens, as it reminds her of a place she's trying desperately hard to get away from and wants nothing to do with. But as long as Grant wasn't one of those that made her life (more) miserable, she'd try to be cordial.

bissichan

First Post
Here's my runner-up:

Jareen Aust Starleaf

Code:
Name: Jareen Aust Starleaf
Class: Cleric  1 	
Race: Elf
Region of Origin: Midtown
Size: M
Alignment: CN
Deity: Inurath Mistress of War  

Str: 11 +0 (03.)	Level: 1	XP: 0
Dex: 12 +1 (02.)	BAB: +0		HP: 08 (1d8)
Con: 10 +0 (04p.)	Grapple: 0	
Int: 14 +2 (06.)	Speed: 30' (20' armored)	
Wis: 14 +2 (06.)	Init: +1	
Cha: 12 +1 (04.)	ACP: 0		

Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total
Armor:	10	+4	+0	+1	+0	+0	+0	15
Touch:	11	Flatfooted: 14

Total	Base	Mod	Misc
Fort:	+2	+2	+0	--
Ref:	+1	+0	+1	--
Will:	+4	+2	+2	--

Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range
Morningstar		+1	1d8	x2	
Sling	+0	1d4	x2	50'
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, dwarven.

Abilities: 
-+2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
-Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
-Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
-Low-Light Vision.
-Weapon Proficiency: Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
-+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
-Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

Cleric:
Turn or Rebuke undead

Cleric Domains: 
Strength and War
(War Domain grants Weapon Focus (Morningstar) and Martial Weapon Proficiency (Shortbow, composite)

Feats:  Investigator. 

Skill Points: 16	Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc
Concentration	4	4	0	--
Knowledge 
(Religion)	6	4	2
Spellcraft	6	4	2
Knowledge 
(arcana)	6	4	2

Racial:
Listen 		4	2	2
Search		6	4	2
Spot		4	2	2
Gather Information	3	1	2

Notes: 

Equipment:		Cost	Weight
Sling         		1gp	0lb
Morningstar		8gp	6lb
Explorer's outfit	10gp	4lb
Backpack		2gp	2lb
Waterskin		1gp	4lb
Rations (3 days)	1.5gp	1.5lb
Sling Bullets (50)	1gp	25lb
Healer's kit		50gp	1lb
Scale mail		50gp	35lb        
Grapling hook		1gp	4lb
Rope, hemp		1gp	10lb
Total Weight:			60lb	Money: 12gp 05sp 0cp

Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push
Max Weight:	1-38lb.  39-76lb.  77-115lb.   230lb.     230lb. 
Height: 5'2" 
Weight: 110lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Skin: Pale
Background
[sblock]The son of Jaen and Reenja Starleaf spent a quiet childhood in Midtown, where his family's house was located. He spent endless hours contemplating sunrises and sunsets among the green grounds of Emerald Hill. Watching the comings and goings of the nearby Delvers piqued his curiosity. He spent a few summers as a junior assistant to pretty much every established store and shop in Delver's Square where he got bit by the wanderlust bug. He made his way from Midtown to the Docks, spending one year in each district to gain world view and experience.

[/sblock]
Appearance
[sblock]
Jareen is fairly typical for an elf. His speech is moderate, his clothing always clean and cared for. He keeps his hair short and his frame is lean and fit. He's not one to look for a fight, but when needed, he'll heft his morningtar at the nearest rival.

He's trained as a cleric to Inurath, Mistress of War. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads