Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

bissichan

First Post
Nice! Another playground!

Count me in among the hopefuls, Whiz. I'll wait for the character sheets to be posted, but I think a gnome rogue could do the trick.

Trench

First Post
Damn... I'm tempted...

I'll wait to give others a shot at the slots. If you don't quite have enough PC's, I'll dive in. And yeah, I'm one of those migrants...

VariaVespasa

First Post
Hihi! I'm interested in playing. For character-creation purposes the Graffe post wasnt entirely clear- are you planning to use 3.0 or 3.5?

*Hugs*
Varia

Wrahn

First Post
I'll throw my hat into the ring:

Jossen Vanter
Race: Male Human
Class: Fighter

Str 12
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 9

AC 16 (10 Base + 3 Armor +3 Dex)
HP 12 (1d10 + 2 Con)
Move 30ft

Saves:
Fort +4 (+2 Class +2 Con)
Refl +3 (+0 Class +3 Dex)
Will +0 (+0 Class)

Skills:
Climb +3 (2 Ranks +1 Str)
Craft (Fletching) +4 (4 Ranks)
Intimidate +1 (2 Ranks -1 Cha)
Spot +2 (2* Ranks)

Feats:
1. Point Blank Shot
1. Precise Shot (bonus Human)
1. Rapid Shot (bonus fighter)

BAB +1
Longbow +4 (+1 BAB +3 Dex) Damage 1d8 20/x3
Heavy Flail +2 (+1 BAB +1 Str) Damage 1d10+1 (+1 Str) 19-20/x2

Equipment:
Longbow
Arrows (100)
Studded Leather Armor
Heavy Flail
Backpack
27g 9s

Heroen Vanter was a sergeant in the City Watch, a tough and dedicated officer of the law, until he made one mistake. A nobleman broke the law, a minor infraction really, nothing that was going to hurt anyone. The nobleman offered him a large sum of money to look the other way. In a moment of weakness, he took the money.

It didn’t take long for him to be discovered, and while Heroen was punished, by being tossed in jail, it was his family that felt the crime the most. Jorren, his brothers and sisters and mother were left without money or anyway to support themselves. Eventually Jorren’s mother found work as a tavern wench in the docks and Jorren grew up in a cramped room, with his brothers and sisters, scraping by.

Jorren Vanter has trained hard to be competent with a bow. He has dreams of walking in his fathers footsteps and joining the watch, but there is little chance since his father is known as a betrayer. He is looking for someway to prove himself.

hero4hire

Explorer
This looks very interesting. The free download was very cool, I may just spring for the whole thing.

I like the feel of Goodman modules so you have me sold there! :)

I was interested in the Healers of Sacred Heat. are they Clerics?

I think I am interested in playing one but would like a bit more info on them fluff and crunch wise.

I had a secondary idea of being a ex-member of the Nightwatch who was dismissed due to a failure to act when someone notified him of an attac..he now wishes to redeem himself.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
VariaVespasa said:
Hihi! I'm interested in playing. For character-creation purposes the Graffe post wasnt entirely clear- are you planning to use 3.0 or 3.5?
3.5, but the differences should be minimal in this adventure.

hero4hire said:
I was interested in the Healers of Sacred Heat. are they Clerics?
You know, I don't recall (there's a LOT in the Big Book, and some of it leaks out my ears at times). Let me look them up again when I get home and I'll let you know if they're suitable for a player character.

Dave Turner

First Post
Placeholder post for a character sheet. :)

EDIT: And here is the character:

Akilu
Darfellan Barbarian 1
Chaotic Good

Str 18 (16 + 2 racial)
Dex 11 (13 – 2 racial)
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 8

AC: 13 (10 base + 3 armor)
HP: 14 (1d12 + 2)
Move: 30ft (20 racial base + 10 class ability), 40ft swim (can “run” in straight line)

Saves:
Fort +4 (+2 Class, +2 Con)
Ref: +0
Will: +0

Skills:
Swim + 8/+16 (4 ranks + 4 Str + 8 racial for special maneuvers or hazard avoidance, can always Take 10 on Swim check)
Listen +4 (4 ranks)
Jump +8 (4 ranks + 4 Str)
Climb +8 (4 ranks + 4 Str)

Feats:
Power Attack

Combat:
Trident +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Str), 1d8+6 20/x2 (normally wielded two-handed)
Javelins +1 (+1 BAB), 1d6+4 20/x2 (carries 5)
(Note: I don’t have Stormwrack, but would switch to harpoons if I knew the stats. I found the Darfellan race as an excerpt on the WotC site.)
Bite: +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Str), 1d6+6 20/x2 (can be used as natural secondary attack during full attack action with weapon; -5 to-hit and only 1d6 damage)

Racial Traits:
- Hold Breath (Ex): Akilu can hold his breath for 112 rounds before he risks drowning (slightly more than 10 minutes)
- Natural Attack: Bite (detailed in Combat)
- Echolocation: Blindsense 20ft, only in the water.
- Racial Hatred: +2 to hit and damage vs. sahuagin

Equipment:
Studded Leather Armor
Trident
5 Javelins (maybe fewer harpoons)
Fishing Net

Appearance:
Akilu has the large frame, thick neck, and powerful jaw of his race. His markings resemble tiger striping. He usually travels barefoot and wearing nothing but short leather breeches and a leather cuirass studded with iridescent oyster shells.

Backstory:
Akilu has been a resident of the Docks for most of life. His family were refugees who fled a genocidal assault on their hidden village by the same sahuagin tribe that plagues Ptolus to this day. As the bodies of his clan floated in the bloody surf, Akilu and his family were chased for three days by bloodthirsty sahuagin. Exhausted, they found refuge on the docks of Ptolus.

Akilu’s family took to harvesting the rich oyster beds near Ptolus to support themselves. At first, local oyster divers took a dim view of Akilu’s natural advantages, especially as their profits dwindled. For the first year, Akilu and his family were routinely attacked in remote corners of The Docks, in the hope of convincing them to give up oyster farming. Akilu’s natural strength and ferocity soon brought the attacks to an end. Akilu’s family make a comfortable living selling oyster meat and pearls. At the urging of Akilu’s sister, the family have ingratiated themselves with Dock residents by taking on jobs uniquely suited to their racial traits, such as temporary repairs on the stilts that support The Docks.

Recently, Akilu’s sister was murdered by the killer plaguing The Docks. Struggling to contain his rage over the loss of yet another darfellan and a beloved sister, Akilu has sworn to avenge his sister’s death and to ensure his mother’s safety.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
You know, I don't recall (there's a LOT in the Big Book, and some of it leaks out my ears at times).

Ewwwww! :p

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Let me look them up again when I get home and I'll let you know if they're suitable for a player character.

Look forward to it!

Remove ads