Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voidrazor

First Post
"Actually it was just a single scientific vessel. But it had a complement of warzoders, some operated by AI's such as myself, most by Umanitos. Quite an amazing coincidence really. The Umanitos were genetically engineered based off of a race inhabiting an obscure planet. Yet ... and, I hope you don't mind me saying so, my lords, all three of you bear more than a passing resemblance to them. A bit paler, perhaps."

Voidrazor

First Post
"My files on the subject of magic are rather limited. Apparently my masters, the Ottotowans are in contact with a number of races that are known to practice it. They themselves are natural telepaths, and some have considerable psychic abilities. Ottotowan technology, however, is highly renown. I am sad to say that, even if I were in good repair, I would be considered somewhat obsolete."

Voadam

Legend
Viktor says "The golem here emerged damaged from a hole in the ground and wandered into a dover patrol. He was taken in and the King taught him our language. We are to accompany him to see where he came out and to check it out. There may be more of them and his creator's workshop may be there." He points to the dwarf and himself. "We are both skilled trackers and can see in the dark so we were sent. However the goblins can see in the dark as well and it looks like they may have arrived first to loot the place. We must press on. Will you join us? You fought well against the worgs and I'd welcome your. . . blade as we head towards the rest of those goblins."

Pyrex

First Post
Wondering what he's getting himself in for, Weylan responds with a wry grin"As it seems my only other option would be to wander lost in the woods until I stumble into another goblin patrol I'd be happy to accompany you. Seeing as I'm here I may as well see what there is to see right?"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Dawn starts to illuminate the forest with red light from one of the suns. He says in dwarven accented common to Weylan "All right then, if you see a goblin, stab it first and ask questions later. They're out of their territory and likely to stab you in the back if given half a chance so they can loot your body." He picks up his axe and continues down the path mutturing under his breath "They should have been hunted down and exterminated in the war. Letting them live to spawn more raiders to break the peace treaty later was a mistake. Here in the forest though they're fair game and the light's turned against them." he swings his axe in anticipation.

Viktor looks up to the sky and says "You should also know that the golem's emergence coincided with the date a comet appeared in the night sky. Or so our druid says."

Voidrazor

First Post
"Oh yes, I beg your pardon. I should have mentioned that in addition to the possibility of members of the original expedition reawakening, there is a perhaps greater chance that the comet was actually a rescue vessel."

Voadam

Legend
The party continues on, heading deeper into the forest along NR4ZN's old trail. Viktor makes occasional subtle blaze marks on trees as you go and explains to Weylan that if separated he can look for these marks to head back to the Dover village.

Remove ads