Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

dog45

First Post
Firblain crouches down over the goblin tracks, staring at them intently. Only the birds cause him to break his spell, and he stands up and unslings his greataxe. "I think the goblins may have left a few friends behind." He whispers to Victor and Ennar as he starts creeping towards the source of the noise.

Voidrazor

First Post
As the stops to investigate the convergence of the goblin's trail with his own, NR4ZN takes on about as much of a hangdog look as is possible for the robot, "Oh my, I would like to convey my deepest apologies for ..."

It stops upon hearing the noise. Without another word it unlimbers the massive tree trunk strapped to its back.

Kularian

First Post
Victor examines the prints, knowing the animalistic footprints to most likely be either riding dogs or Worgs. But before he can voice his thoughts, the cawing of crows breaks his line of thought. Snapping his head up, he reaches for his sword. However, upon seeing Firblain and Ennar prepare to fight close up, he opts for the shortbow instead. "I'll cover you," the Tiefling whispers back, nocking an arrow into the bow, and keeping his senses alight. Thus prepared, the ranger watches his ally advance.

Voadam

Legend
As the party creeps forward readying for possible
threats they see a swarm of crows further down the
trail swirling in a great cawing cloud. As the
cloud disperses a human is revealed stumbling but
maintaining his footing. He appears disoriented,
his senses not yet adjusted to the ambient rush of
power and intense sensation of Wildwood. A glowing
spike of force extends from his fist and he swings
it in rapid arcs to ward off the flurry of avian
forms.

As the party takes in this scene, a howl cuts
through the night air. Two large wolf like
creatures with black fur are bearing armed
riders on their backs and pouring on speed as they
come within site of the disoriented human. The
orange skinned humanoids lean forward on their
racing mounts, gobbling something into the ears of
the large wolves. Each is armed with a thin spiked
club.

Kularian

First Post
Victor's own memories of the crows click into place, and as he sees the young human, he remembers the very same flock of birds bringing him to this land as well. Hoping the human understood the Tiefling's dialect of common, he shouts, "Look out!" and takes aim at one of the Worgs with his shortbow. The creatures were, in his opinion, spawn of the same creatures he hunted.

((OOC: Shooting at one of the riders, aiming for the Worg.))

Voidrazor

First Post
To his companions NR4ZN says, "I take it these are the previously mentioned goblins?"

The robot then rushes forward trying to get between the newcomer and the goblins[OOC - double move]. "Good sirs on the wolves! I must insist that you halt and leave this gentleman in peace. If you continue in your current aggressive posture I will be forced to initiate hostile action!"

Combat pre-initialization module loaded. Weapon systems: particle cannon ... offline, point defense array ... offline, chainsaw ... offline, manual chain ... offline, custom blunt device #1 ... ready

Pyrex

First Post
Still dazzled by his transition to this new world, Weylan is further confused when he sees he's at the center of a charge between a couple of goblin warg riders and some sort of golem.

dog45

First Post
The swirl of birds causes Firblain to pause. Who's comin here now? He thinks to himself. As the man separates himself from the birds Firblain watches his glowing chain with analytical interest, his grip loosening on his greataxe.

The wolfs howl brings him out of his reviere and he's rooted to his feet as time seems to slow while he watches Viktor pull back on his bow and release his arrow towards the wolf riders. The robot crashes through the trees, placing himself between the riders and the newcomer. Firblain can see him talking but the sound means nothing to him as his ears are filled with the sounds of someone screaming. As he charges toward the nearest rider he realizes that it was himself yelling but dismisses the thought, his sole interest now his axe gripped with both hands, the goblins head, and the meeting of the two.

(OOC: Rage lasts 9 rounds, charge nearest goblin. new stats - HP 21, AC 14, charge atk greataxe vs goblin +8 / 1d12 +8 dmg . regular atk greataxe +6 1d12 +6 dmg. +2 dmg vs goblin [favored enemey])

Voadam

Legend
Weylan, still stunned by the transition to the power filled forest becomes aware of the forces forming up around him but is too overwhelmed by the sensory overload to act yet.

Viktor launches an arrow at the faster lead worg. The shaft flies true despite the rider's attempt to turn his mount out of the speeding arrow's path. A howl of pain erupts from the beast as it is hit in the shoulder.

The red eyed large wolf pours on more speed drawing it closer to the stunned elan. Its rider reaches into a side quiver and draws a stone tipped javelin which is quickly flung at Weylan. The rider of the slower beast draws and casts a short javelin as well. Weylan is struck by one shaft, the small sharp spear head drawing blood.

NR4ZN rushes forward and steps between the oncoming riders and Weylan

The closest rider is 30 feet from Weylan and NR4ZN.

Iniative

Firblain 7
W 2 5
Weylan 22
Viktor 20
W 1 15
G 1 12
G 2 12
NR4ZN 8

Weylan takes 4 damage and will shake off the stunning effect after 1 more round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases