Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voadam

Legend
NR4ZN notes that he did not pass any such damaged vegetation when he wandered through the woods before. The crash site is still further on.

Pyrex

First Post
"Now that the immediate threat has passed, would you all be so kind as to answer a few questions for me? Such as where I am? And possibly how & why those crows brought me here?"

Voadam

Legend
Weylan finds that while he has adjusted somewhat to the sensations, the intensity of his perceptions continues. The very air seems filled with power. Every breath seems the sweetest he has ever taken, the rustle of leaves from wind is a beautiful symphony, the harsh taste of whatever happened here lies heavy in the air. His eye is continually drawn to the patterns of branch, bark and leaves. His ears to the sound of his own breathing and the whisper of flax against cloth as his clothes rub against each other with his movements.

Voadam

Legend
Viktor considers then says to Weylan in common "The king or his druid could explain it to you better, but the short answer is you are in the forest outside of Silber Dover territory. The wilderness here stretches across the continent. The god of this wilderness land is called Haiel the Hunter and he looks to other worlds for beasts and men to summon here. Birds are his to command and he can use them on other worlds to swarm things he wants to call to this world. He is said to watch as things hunt and are hunted, and to sometimes hunt them himself. He is a power, but not a being to be swayed by worship or propitiation. More immediately there is a village of dover dog men, noble hunters with good souls. There is a nearby village of goblins, some of whom you met, who have a peace treaty with the dover after their last war, though many hate all non-goblins. And there is wilderness between and surrounding these villages that extends on and on. A wilderness filled with beasts. We are here on a mission from our king, the scholar king of the dover.

Pyrex

First Post
Weylan chews over the tiefling's responce in his mind wondering why this hunter god would drag him across the planes to an enchanted forest run by dog-people. Even though he has little idea what's happening, he surmises that the best way of fitting in, at least for now, is simply to play along with the madness.

"Right, so I guess that explains all the barking you were doing earlier then. So, these crows; d'they ever take anyone back home again after bringing them here?"

Voadam

Legend
Pyrex said:
"Right, so I guess that explains all the barking you were doing earlier then. So, these crows; d'they ever take anyone back home again after bringing them here?"

"Not according to the King's tales. Every living thing on the world was either brought here by them or is descended from things they brought here. Haiel keeps the land stocked with new predators and prey. Which you are can depend on what jumps out near you.

The barking was the dover language. Few speak the tongue of men here, dover and goblin are much more common
." Viktor looks down and checks the area over a little more carefully.

"I think one of our worg's met his end here. Two sets of large wolf tracks enter here, there is this blast and one set heads off into the underbrush at a run. The other . . . I don't see the other leaving here."

Voidrazor

First Post
"Given the nature of the blast, its possible that others from the expeditionary force I was a part of are now active. Of course, caution is still advised.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases