Monte Cook's World of Darkness

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
From the front page and RPG.net:
Will Hindmarch of White Wolf Publishing has confirmed that Gen Con Indy 2007 will feature the release of Monte Cook's World of Darkness: "It's true. It's real. The book is called Monte Cook's World of Darkness and it debuts at Gen Con Indy, 2007. Speculate from there until we give you facts (though I know how the internet loathes facts)."
So, thoughts? Do you think it's just a catchy name for Monte's new project, or indeed a (possible) d20/OGL version of the World of Darkness?

Not sure how I'd feel about the second option...

Crothian

First Post
Either way I think it is a catchy name. Other then a d20/ogl version of which I'm hoping it is not, I really can't imagine what it could be. We already have a WoD book, with good rules and great setting. Monte is a great writer, but judging by the tile I'm just not sure what it could be.

Also, it is through White Wolf and not his own company. I would think (could be way wrong though) that if it was a d20 book it would be through Malhavoc since that is a strong presence in the d20 market.

So, nothing but pure speculation and guesswork and confusion from me. It does make me very curious though.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
I'm going to guess that it is some form of WoD fantasy adventuring game. For a less angsty tone of game somewhere between the wahoo of Exalted and the grit of pure WoD 4th edition.

I wouldn't mind being either proven wrong or proven right.

Henry

Autoexreginated
[QUOTE-Will Hindmarch]Speculate from there until we give you facts (though I know how the internet loathes facts)."[/QUOTE]

"The Internet loathes facts?" Most of the speculation happens because there's not enough facts! :D

Voadam

Legend
I thought Monte had already given up game design for other pursuits, novel writing or some such, after finishing Ptolus. I'd love a d20 Monte Cook's World of Darkness to go along with Unearthed Arcana and Iron Heroes as supplements I can easily raid for my D&D games.

Maybe its just a novel set in WoD, with high magic and Cthulhu elements.

Crothian

First Post
Voadam said:
I thought Monte had already given up game design for other pursuits, novel writing or some such, after finishing Ptolus.

It was just announced, he could have been finished writing this a year ago. I know it doesn't come out till Gen Con 07, but Changeling comes out then too and it's all written I believe. Both are probably being edited, play tested, and going to be in layout.

Crothian

First Post
dog45 said:
I saw the title of this thread and then looked at the category.

Horror indeed.

WoD is a great horror RPG and Monte Cook can write great horror RPGs, so yes it is Horror indeed!! :D

Remove ads