[COMBAT] Branding's Age of Worms

Due to the need to make split-second decisions, the action now shifts into combat rounds. I will not roll for initiative, but otherwise all rules for actions and movement in combat apply. You initiative point will simply come when it is the most dramatically appropriate. Each turn characters who have become paralyzed by the flashing green and blue eye lights may attempt another Will save to snap out of it (You can roll yourself using Invisible Castle if you prefer).

The upper corridor is 70 feet long and 10 feet wide. Gregor, Owen, and Alexi are located next to the edge. Azten is standing 10 feet from opposite the end of the corridor, which means he is about 55 - 60 feet from his three companions.

The wind is currently categorized as STRONG, but as noted above is growing in intensity. It is a 40 foot drop to the chamber below.

Majakilar and Kenneth are located at the base of the chain, 40 feet below them.

Please post your actions here. Once everyone is finished I will subtly edit them to make them flow together better and repost them on the IC thread.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

“This does not bode well. We need to get them out of here! Is there any exit, where we can get away from this wind and the weird face?”

Alexi looks around, especially in the direction where the wind is coming from, while she detaches herself from the rope.

Azten

First Post
Azten tries to shift his weight into the wind, fighting the paralyzing effect of the flashing lights. If he is successful, he drops to the floor to decrease the wind's effect on him.

edit: Oh well. If I read it right (and thanks for the link to the SRD) successful or not he'll be on the ground. ;)

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"Owen, snap out of it!" Gregor grabs Owen in one hand "Alexi, it got Atzen too. We need to help him." Gregor will then move down to Atzen, glancing quickly into the animated mouth to see if there is anything that can be done to stop the wind.

silentspace

First Post
"What's happening?" Majakilar looks at Kenneth for a moment, hoping he had a better idea of what's going on.

"They are in trouble!"

Majakilar, realizing Gregor may be unable to pull him up, starts climbing up the chain (not the rope).

ooc: Climb -2. Sorry for the delay, I had thought I posted already and just now realized that I hadn't :heh:

edit: added ACP penalty to climb mod

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Majakilar looks around desperately. He could see now that the wind was getting stronger, and quickly. Climbing up the rope, even if he could muster the strength to do it without falling, would take far too long. Helpless, he looks around the lower chamer, looking for a clue. Could the trap be reset from down here? His eyes sweep the room again, searching... His eyes fall on the bones. He suddenly thinks Were you blown down from up above?

"Gregor! Get everyone out of there! Get out, get out! It's going to blow you off the edge!"

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Now that Azten is down on the floor, he fumbles for his holy symbol/hammer and looks for some interruption in the stone that he can drive it into to help him hold on. While doing so, he prays to Moradin to give him strength and luck in holding on.

If the wind continues to increase in strength he does his best to yell to his companions - Look out! The wind ... Getting stronger ...

OOC: Casts Resistance (+1 saving throws for a minute)

Voadam

Legend
Gregor is glad to see Atzen shake off the paralysis but worried at the increasing wind force"I don't see anything to stop it! Let's get back before it blows us out, hold onto me! We need to move quick!"

Gregor will pick up Atzen and move back to the chain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases