General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

orsal

LEW Judge
Dungannon said:
Refresh my memory please, when did the DM credit function first go into effect? I ask because I have no earthly idea how many credits I have right now.

New Years' Day, 2006. And you get your credits, as awarded by a judge, on the conclusion of an adventure. So unless you've finished an adventure in the past year (have you?) you won't have any. If you have finished an adventure since the rule went into effect, your judge should have posted a DM credit award to the adventure thread.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
Refresh my memory please, when did the DM credit function first go into effect? I ask because I have no earthly idea how many credits I have right now.

I think it was effective 1/1/06. A judge is supposed to award them whenever an adventure concludes, although a partial award can be made. For example, I recently awarded Erekose13 a partial award, since his adventure has passed its aniversary date. :) He seems skeptical that this is a good reason to award credits, but the rules say:

"As there are some long-running adventures in LEW, the DMs of these can petition the judge to award credits during the course of the adventure, typically at the same time as XP is given to the players."

I think a 13 month old adventure deserves a little credit. :)

Dungannon

First Post
Yeah, the problem was I lost the end of my last adventure in the Big Crash so I didn't remember what the judge posted.

Knight Otu

First Post
From the file I got from Google Cache back then (I had attached it somewhere in the previous discussion thread), it appears that Hired Hands ended early April, meaning that you should have four credits for that adventure.

B4cchus

Explorer
Hi folks,

ive whipped up an adventure and have a couple of questions in regard t getting it started:
What do i have to submit and to whom?
I'm away of the guidelines posted in one of the stickies but i can imagine not all judges would want to recieve too much info in regard to them participating in this adventure.

orsal

LEW Judge
B4cchus said:
Hi folks,

ive whipped up an adventure and have a couple of questions in regard t getting it started:
What do i have to submit and to whom?
I'm away of the guidelines posted in one of the stickies but i can imagine not all judges would want to recieve too much info in regard to them participating in this adventure.

The best thing to do is to send it to all the judges, but hide spoilers. The easiest way to do that is to begin with the line about what kind of characters the adventure is intended for, then leave a lot of blank space before continuing with the rest. (Some non-spoiler material, such as the hook, might also be above the blank space.) That way each judge may decide for himself (or herself? Not sure if we have any hers judging, but I digress) whether to read on -- any judge with an eligible character can avoid reading the spoilers.

Pbartender

First Post
I wanted to let everyone else know...

I'm going to be stepping away from LEW and retireing both as a judge and a player. Simply put, I have niether the time, energy nor the inclination to continue.

It's truly been a lot of fun... I just need to step away before it isn't.

If one of the other judges could kindly remove my email address from the judges mailing list, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for everything.

Knight Otu

First Post
Thank you, Pbartender. I'm sad to see you go, but I can definitely understand. I'm on my way to make the appropriate changes.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sorry to see you go, but I too know where you are coming from. Take care, and if you ever want to come back, know that you'll always be welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases