Need help finding the D&D Movie tie-in articles from WotC

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
As per title of thread. I've been scouring the Wizards retired articles trying to find this info, but to no avail. Specifically, the articles that detail pieces of the movie for use in game sessions. Help!

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
Back when 3e was first released, Dragon ran a couple of articles on the movie, including an interview with Justin Whalin, stats for the main characters, and maybe a few other things. Are those what you're looking for?

I don't recall the exact issue numbers, but I do know that the very first 3e Dragon ran the first of these articles, and that the rest followed in the next few issues.

Frostmarrow

First Post
delericho said:
Back when 3e was first released, Dragon ran a couple of articles on the movie, including an interview with Justin Whalin, stats for the main characters, and maybe a few other things. Are those what you're looking for?

I don't recall the exact issue numbers, but I do know that the very first 3e Dragon ran the first of these articles, and that the rest followed in the next few issues.

Wasn't there also a comparison between the D&D movie and the D&D cartoon from the 80s? :)

kilamanjaro

First Post
There was an adventure or two posted on the WotC website when the movie came out. I have the PDF saved somewhere. I think there was another PDF that tied into the movie somehow too. I don't remember them as being very good. I can send them if I can find them.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Not the dragon articles, I have those.

WotC ran a series of of 'Web Enhancements' detailing Izmer, the dust that acts as a teleportaion effect, and other things. These are the articles I am looking for.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I vaguely recall what you're talking about, but hoestly it was so ho-hum that I barely gave it a second glance.

I believe there's actually material on the D&D DVD if you put it in your computer. But that was based on a 2001 rental, so my memory is a bit hazy on what exactly it was. ;)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I really thought the Web enhancements were good -- much better than the movie, certainly. If the movie hadn't tanked and its tie-in products pulled as a result, I would have bought the supplement about the D&D movie world, just to raid for things like the quicksand rug and the like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases