Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Spotting a flash of red hair, Lookspring shouts to the sailors. "Ha, she made it! I should have put a bet on her. Pull!" He directs the sailors as they begin to haul in the slack.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Finally seeing the rope ahead, she thinks to herself 'Sure would've been smarter to take my armor off before attempting that. Not to mention maybe tying a sunrod to the rope here so it could be found if I was underwater...'

Seeing the circle of light above her, she notices someone staring down the well and waves up to them while yelling "I made it! I'm coming up." The actual climbing is a little more difficult with her right arm as fatigued as it is. Luckily for her, the sailors begin pulling up the rope with her on it until she is at the edge of the well and clambering out onto the ground. Rolling over onto her back, she closes her eyes against the brightness of the sun and just lays there resting for a minute of blissful peace while the water drains off of her.

Eventually, she pushes herself up off the ground and helps the others prepare to get moving again. "Back to the village then, right Lookspring? Are you as ready as I am to be off of this rock? Let's get our trading done, make some money, and set sail!" Phoenix exclaims as they walk the trail back to the village.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"That's the best sounding idea I've heard all day. Undead, dwarves, tunnels, and the water... The sooner we're off this gods-forsaken rock the better. Lets just hope the natives are suitably appreciative of our hard work. " Otherwise they're going to need this well to extinguish their huts!

BigB

First Post
Carrying the newfound treausre each member of the party is fairly encumbered making the walk to the village a long one. Finally, just before sunset you can see the village ahead.

As you enter the village the village elder approaches you. Ahhh I see you have returned, successfully I hope.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix nods and gives a half bow to the elder before speaking, "Indeed sir, we have been successful. The undead are destroyed, the underground dwarves are defeated, and the dam they built which cut off your water supply has been destroyed."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"And not without a great deal of difficulty. We battled long and hard to restore your water. Much blood was spilt, some of it being our own. I'm hoping that your people will recognize the length that we went through to help them."

BigB

First Post
The village Elder nods respectfully. It seems the gods have delivered you to us in our time of need. Please join me at my hut. He turns and walks to his hut. As you follow a crowd gathers and grows. By the time you reach the elders hut there is a large crowd, more than you would have thought a village this size can hold. The chief enters his hut and soon returns carrying an ornamented wooden box inlaid with gold pictures depicting the village and villagers. We offer this to you in thanks so that you may remember our gratitude. He motions for Phoenix and Lookspring to sit facing the growing crowd. As you do he places the box in front of the two of you. He then steps behind you and the villagers begin approaching in small groups bowing to you and thanking you dropping small pearls into the box. The procession seems to last forever but you endure as they are filling the box with pearls. As the last villager drops a pearl and walks off the sun begins to rise and you realize you have spent the entire night with the villagers. Prepare your goods the people are setting up for trade. The elder then retreats inside his hut.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix returns to the ship to inform the captain that trading can now commence. She gathers the items she has brought personally in the 5 chests and with the help of some sailors, returns to the village to begin trading. Along the way, she talks with Lookspring. "Hey, I was thinking. (I know, a bad idea...) Maybe we could give those half dozen or so sailors that helped us against the undead and the dwarves each one of the smaller pearls we got from the villagers. I think that they earned it after risking their lives too. What'dya say, Lookspring?"

After talking, they make it back to the village and Phoenix sets out her wares for sale.

5 Bells x1gp = 5gp
5 Chests x2gp = 10gp
10 Hammers x 5sp = 5gp
3 Mirror, Sm. Steel x 10gp = 30gp
5 Miner's Picks x 3gp = 15gp
20 Iron Pots x 5sp = 10gp
50 Whetstones x 2cp = 1gp
10 Daggers x 2gp = 20gp
5 Handaxe's x 6gp = 30gp
-----------------------------
Total funds spent for trade = 126gp

OOC: If Lookspring agrees, then you can deduct a little from the pearls to give as thanks to the sailors BigB. As for the stuff for sale, are you going to do it individually via RPing or just handwave the process and say we made X amount of profit? (My preference would be the handwave ;)) Especially since I assume these folks are gonna be paying in pearls mostly and not the standard gold, silver, and copper...although precieous gems or jewlry would be acceptable to Phoenix as well. :) Might even add some to her wardrobe!

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: If Lookspring agrees, then you can deduct a little from the pearls to give as thanks to the sailors BigB. As for the stuff for sale, are you going to do it individually via RPing or just handwave the process and say we made X amount of profit? (My preference would be the handwave ;)) Especially since I assume these folks are gonna be paying in pearls mostly and not the standard gold, silver, and copper...although precieous gems or jewlry would be acceptable to Phoenix as well. :) Might even add some to her wardrobe!

ooc: it will be a handwave if SelcSilverhand agrees. I had a preset amount of profit in the adventure write up which is generous by the way.

Remove ads