Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
Round 4

Lookspring sending another hail of arrows at the creatures, Lookspring hisses as his accuracy drops. He connects with 1 of the 2 arrows.

Verrick misses with a desperation shot to save Ray's life.

C6 looks around and you can see in its eyes that it is intelligent enough to understand it's situation, surrounded and all allies fled or dead. In one quick motion the creature drops Ray to the deck and charges the new group of sailors lashing out with its pincers as it attacks and succedes in taking 2 more sailors into the dark water.

8 sailors dead or gone and 1 badly wounded, Ray (-1 HP, one additional for the extra round being bitten) Laying in a pool of slime from the creatures maw, all becomes eerily quiet; the battle over as quickly as it began. A costly battle with the loss of so many sailors, and the injuries to Ray. Captain Purdy looks a bit shaken as he turns to Phoenix Good thing I was here to save him, huh. Looks like we will all be taking shifts as part of the crew.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix retrieves a small vial of healing potion she had stashed in her top. Popping the lid off, she pours the contents down Ray's throat in hopes that it's not too late to heal his massive wounds. "You owe me a healing potion little man.", she says to cover up the concern she's showing for her fellow adventurer.

DerHauptman

First Post
Ray wakes with a start, inhailing deeply as one does when startled from a nightmare....

*&^&%*&^ !!!

Then feeling the slime covering his little body as the smell of the creature fills his nostrills Ray sits upright, leans to the left and vomits up what is left of his dinner.

ughhh! What a smell....I will never get it out of these bedclothes!

Ray, then chuckles to himself..

Well, guess since I am not currently floating fish crap we must have won then?

Looking around he says..

Pinkie are you ok?

Raising a hand to Pheonix for assitance getting up....

Madam, thank up for the potion, you shall have one in return as soon as I can get it from my cabin.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring's ears sag a little in disappointment when one of the halflings seems to recover. Too bad, the best money I ever made was looting a dead partner. Ah well, plenty of danger still ahead. Maybe I'll still get lucky. He heads over to the dead creatures to recover his arrows and see if any of the creatures look edible.

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Damn it...

You had me scared for a moment there.

Pinkie rushes to his side and gives him a hug that is obviously sincere, and lingering for a moment near his ear she whispers....

Almost, lost you D...Ray, duno what I'd do without you here.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

Verrick surveys the dead and striken sailors. He is heartened to see Ray recover, and he moves to the one remaining sailor to provide what help he can. Heal Check: (1d20+2=15)

Verrick will try to get an opportunity to speak discretely with master Purdy.

[sblock=Master Purdy]In anticipation that we would be facing mortal danger, my companions and I purchased a wand of healing magic before we left Orussus. Both Lookspring and I have the talent to use this wand. It may help the morale of the crew, if they knew that you possesed the power to save them in the face of danger. What I suggest is that you buy our wand, then announce to the crew that you have it and are willing to employ its power for their benefit. I am sure that if the price is right, and if your are willing to leave us the use of the wand throughout this mission, my companions would be willing to sell it to you. I believe 1500gp would be sufficient.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
OoC: Happy Holidays everyone! 500exp each for the encounter with the fish people. If you level up, once you get approval from judges let me know. You will have plenty of time to work on skills etc... during the trip.

Ray has recovered but still not near full health(4HP).

[sblock= Verrick]
Verrick said:
In anticipation that we would be facing mortal danger, my companions and I purchased a wand of healing magic before we left Orussus. Both Lookspring and I have the talent to use this wand. It may help the morale of the crew, if they knew that you possesed the power to save them in the face of danger. What I suggest is that you buy our wand, then announce to the crew that you have it and are willing to employ its power for their benefit. I am sure that if the price is right, and if your are willing to leave us the use of the wand throughout this mission, my companions would be willing to sell it to you. I believe 1500gp would be sufficient.

That is a helpfull tool, though I think that purchasing this item and then letting you have it to use is not sound business. Perhaps I will compensate you for any use to help the crew.

[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
BigB said:
[sblock= Verrick]

That is a helpfull tool, though I think that purchasing this item and then letting you have it to use is not sound business. Perhaps I will compensate you for any use to help the crew.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Master Purdy]Businesswise it comes out the same way. Either we own it and you pay us for its use to heal your hired help. Or you own it use it to heal you hired help, and yet own a valuable magical artifact. The advantage of one action over the other, is that if you own the wand, you enhance your reputation among the crew as shrewd, forwarding planning captain.

Besides, in all honesty, I doubt you could convince my companions to heal the sailors now or in the future otherwise
.[/sblock]

OOC: BigB, I'll let you know as soon as Verrick is approved for lvl2

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
[sblock=Master Purdy]Businesswise it comes out the same way. Either we own it and you pay us for its use to heal your hired help. Or you own it use it to heal you hired help, and yet own a valuable magical artifact. The advantage of one action over the other, is that if you own the wand, you enhance your reputation among the crew as shrewd, forwarding planning captain.

Besides, in all honesty, I doubt you could convince my companions to heal the sailors now or in the future otherwise
.[/sblock]

OOC: BigB, I'll let you know as soon as Verrick is approved for lvl2

[sblock= Verrick] Your thought has merit although I think I will need a unified group as you and your companions make, more than crew members of the ship by the time this voyage is over. We have already seen how the sailors fight. I am not convinced your companions are aware of your intended dealings with me, and if they would be against using the wand on the sailors how will they react when the wand is no longer theirs to use? Come to me as a group and present your offer and perhaps we may have a deal. Of course I will require possession of such an artifact if I am to purchase it.[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

BigB said:
[sblock= Verrick] Your thought has merit although I think I will need a unified group as you and your companions make, more than crew members of the ship by the time this voyage is over. We have already seen how the sailors fight. I am not convinced your companions are aware of your intended dealings with me, and if they would be against using the wand on the sailors how will they react when the wand is no longer theirs to use? Come to me as a group and present your offer and perhaps we may have a deal. Of course I will require possession of such an artifact if I am to purchase it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Master Purdy]"I see that we have miscommunicated. My companions and I feel that we must be prepared against mortal danger. I do not think you would find any of us easily willing to face such challenges unprepared. I merely thought that we might find a mutual accommodation that would serve us both well in the face of danger. Perhaps, I thought wrong, or perhaps I have spoken out of place. In any event, if anything that I have spoken sounds a resonant cord, you may speak to all of together of your thoughts. But may I give you a personal warning, you have hired us to help insure the success of this mission, but we will all fail without the presence and support of the crew." Verrick gives Master Purdy an opportunity to respond, and if the conversation is complete will go to other activities.[/sblock]

Verrick will again offer what help he can to the injured sailor, then take the opportunity to examine the creatures and their possesions.

OOC: If Ray needs more healing we can go ahead a do that as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases