Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
Sailor and Phoenix are both at full health again.

ooc:469 experience each for the encounter and 100 exp each for roleplay throughout adventure to this point. Total 569 for Lookspring and 569 for Phoenix. I will have to go through posts and add up wand usage but I do not think you are going to run out any time soon.

actions?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"The more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of trying to interrogate a spellcaster. Let's put him out of his misery and get on with this." Phoenix says as she does a coup de grace on the dwarf. "It's probably for the greater good anyway..." We search the bodies and the room and take anything valuable looking. Phoenix isn't much help in the looking for hidden things though...
Search check (1d20=6)

BigB

First Post
ooc: Wow, looks like we stick to the obvious.

Fighter carried a falchion, composite longbow and a bottle of ale.

Spellcaster carried breastplate armor, morningstar, light steel shield, 2 potions, and a sack of miscellaneous gems.

A bed and many empty ale bottles around it, a table with some detailed maps of the caverns that seem to indicate the tunnel off this room goes on for miles and miles but does not indicate where it leads....also unless you can read dwarven you do not understand it.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"First things first", Phoenix mutters to herself before closing her eyes to concentrate on restoring her psionic focus...unfortunately it takes nearly half a minute to do so...
DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=9)
DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=12)
DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=12)
DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=27) OOC: Finally made it!

"Well, it looks like this long tunnel must lead back to wherever these dwarves came from. I don't think I care for a miles long trek only to find a city full of these tricky suckers underground somewhere. Ya think this about wraps it up then Lookspring? If this is it though, maybe we oughta give this room one last going over. We really only checked the bodies out so far, ya know?"

OOC: Phoenix takes 20 on a search check....

"Now we just gotta see if we can destroy that dam and be able to make it out of here ourselves..."

OOC: We take all the gear from the dwarves as well as the map. Maybe we can find a villager that can read dwarven?

BigB

First Post
You find a scroll tube hidden near the bed with 3 scrolls written in a different language from the map but one you still cannot read. It seems of some importance though as it was placed in a tube and hidden as the rest are spread across the small table.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, that could be more useful." Phoenix mutters while looking at the unreadable scrolls. "I don't suppose any of you sailors have come across either of these languages in your travels?" Phoenix asks the 5 sailors while showing them the map and the scrolls. "Probably magic scrolls or something." she guesses.

"Nice gems this guy had, huh Lookspring? Can't wait to see how much these are worth back in Orrussus. So, should we head on back towards the dam and see about taking it down to give the villagers back their well?" she asks as they get all the gear and treasure stowed along with the map and scrolls. Phoenix also looks around the room and a little down the long tunnel to see if there is any reasonbly easy way of collapsing the tunnel or the room. Is it carved out of rock? Or packed earth held up by wooden timbers that could be burned away? She is just thinking about trying to deny access to the dwarves if any come back again some day.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Forget the tunnel, the villagers just wanted a well back. We just need the dwarves to stay gone long enough for us to trade and high tail it out of here. There has to be some way to break the dam supports without drowning ourselves in the flood. Maybe we can find some lantern oil and set fire to the supports, then run. Or better yet, a whole barrel of oil! We can pack it under the support and blow the whole thing sky high! Ha!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I like where your head is at, Lookspring!" Phoenix says with a big grin. "I've got no oil myself though, and I don't remember seeing any on the way through down here. There sure are alot of empty ale bottles down here though. If only we could find a keg or more bottles, maybe it would be strong enough alcohol to burn well?" She wonders. "Worst case if we can't find anything else, we head topside again and get some burnable foliage and pile a bunch of it up and light it. Not to mention my mindblade could carve a decent chunk out if I had to. Maybe just some notches in it to weaken it in key areas before the fire? I dunno, we'll have to have a better look at it I guess. Last time we were there I was more worried about the dwarves and their crossbows than the dam itself. Oh yeah, remind me later to ask the villagers if any of them can read the map or the scrolls when we get up there again."

OOC: BigB, have there been lanterns hanging anywhere down here? I don't remember any and the dwarves would have had darkvision to see by and so wouldn't need them but I thought I'd ask. Or any other possible source of fuel that could be burnt to help bring down the dam...

BigB

First Post
ooc: You have seen nothing that would appear to burn the wet wood of the dam. Attacking from the ground would obviously to all risk being swept away by the flood of water and attacking from the top will not be sufficient to weaken the dam (at least not unless you decide to spend months chopping away at it and possibly miss your ride).

Remove ads