Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix pays the boy a gold piece for his time. After hearing the dwarf's appraisal, Phoenix nods. "That sounds fine to me, how about you Lookspring?" she asks her companion.

OOC: I'll take that deal if Lookspring is okay with it. After that, I'll have just a little shopping left to do before being ready to go again. We close to having a final XP count so I can send Phoenix in for approval for 4th level?

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix pays the boy a gold piece for his time. After hearing the dwarf's appraisal, Phoenix nods. "That sounds fine to me, how about you Lookspring?" she asks her companion.

OOC: I'll take that deal if Lookspring is okay with it. After that, I'll have just a little shopping left to do before being ready to go again. We close to having a final XP count so I can send Phoenix in for approval for 4th level?

100 exp each for Lookspring and Phoenix for the encounter with sailors on return trip.

1200 exp for Phoenix for time.

When did Lookspring make 3rd lvl? I will look through threads but if you know it may speed things up for his time award.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
BigB said:
100 exp each for Lookspring and Phoenix for the encounter with sailors on return trip.

1200 exp for Phoenix for time.

When did Lookspring make 3rd lvl? I will look through threads but if you know it may speed things up for his time award.
BigB, question. How did you get that 1200 figure for time XP? Isn't it 50 XP per level per month? If so, shouldn't Phoenix's Time XP be either 1,600 or 1,800? (She was 2nd level for the first 4 months which would be 100XP per month for 4 months plus 150 XP per month for 8 months would be 1,600 XP. Or if you multiply the whole twelve months times the current level of 3 (x50) would be 1,800 XP. (I've seen some DM's do this instead of seperating it by the times that they gained the levels at.) I just wanted to check though since I had thought it would be one of the two above and wasn't sure how it could come to 1,200 XP. If I'm wrong somewhere though, please let me know how so I do it right as a DM myself in the future.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
BigB, question. How did you get that 1200 figure for time XP? Isn't it 50 XP per level per month? If so, shouldn't Phoenix's Time XP be either 1,600 or 1,800? (She was 2nd level for the first 4 months which would be 100XP per month for 4 months plus 150 XP per month for 8 months would be 1,600 XP. Or if you multiply the whole twelve months times the current level of 3 (x50) would be 1,800 XP. (I've seen some DM's do this instead of seperating it by the times that they gained the levels at.) I just wanted to check though since I had thought it would be one of the two above and wasn't sure how it could come to 1,200 XP. If I'm wrong somewhere though, please let me know how so I do it right as a DM myself in the future.

I probably got the date wrong. I was going through posts all morning. To make it easier and faster we can go with 1800 for both Phoenix and Lookspring.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Leaving the Red Dragon Inn with Rowan McTavish, Phoenix heads toward the Orussus Library. Once there, they plan to do some research to find out what they can about their future foes, the Yuan-Ti. As they leave, Rowan says, "So what's it like to adventure with a talking cat? I've never seen one of those before."

"Well, he's not too bad. A little high strung sometimes, a little boastful, a little mean sometimes. Mostly to others though, but you should have seen the time I tried to throw him over this waterway so he wouldn't get wet. It didn't go well and we fought a little. So much for trying to be helpful. But as long as he's on our side I don't mind a bit." she answers.

OOC: BigB, looks like we've got one recruit so far in Rowan. I left Lookspring at the RDI to recruit anyone else that shows up. Please post whatever info you think appropriate for us to find about Yuan-ti here, or whatever we have to go through at teh library to try and get that info and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Orussus Library to no surprise, has some information on Yuan-ti. The texts you read refer to Yuan-ti as humanoid snakes wielding magic. The lower half is a snakes tail and the upper half is humanoid although covered in snakes scales. Other texts describe them as humanoid with snakelike features. All the texts refer to them as evil and many refer to ambushes where many good folk perished in some devious trap set by Yuan-ti. It is enough to make you cautious and realize the need to be prepared.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan scowls. "Sounds like we could use a trap-finder on this expedition. But those can be hard to find. I have no problem killing these snake-freaks though. Sounds like the world's better off without them."

"We do need healing on any adventure. Otherwise, we just need to be careful. Do you think I should bring my horse to this island?"

"The cat is prickly, eh? I'll keep that in mind. As long as he's a loyal team player, I'm sure we'll get along fine. As a small group, we'll really need to be about to count on each other."

OOC: I can't remember if Rowan is able to use wands of CLW or not. He only has an 8 WIS, though he does have a level of ranger. Actually, Lookspring is a ranger w/a 14 WIS, so he can certainly use a wand. We should buy one of those. Or two. Otherwise, Rowan's pretty set, unless we need some sort of special weapons to hurt them, which it doesn't look like we do.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Pheonix answers Rowan, "We have a wand of Cure Light Wounds with many charges still left on it and Lookspring has used it fine so far, so that's not a problem. Seeing how snake-like these creatures are though, I worry about poison and it's effects on us. Magic to neutralize that is probably going to be VERY expensive, even in small doses. Having someone able to deal with traps would be as great as having a regular healer or someone with some magical firepower. Alas, the pickings are slim now it seems for any of those types." Phoenix laments as she puts down the latest book.

OOC: BigB, Only thing I'm waiting on now is to see if we can recruit anyone else so we know what the final split of the 4,500 Gp initial payment will be. I have a little more to buy with what Phoenix gets from that (probably a potion of Neutralize Poison or two). After that, she'll be ready to leave again once we're done with the Captain, the sailors, and the courts. I figure by then she should be about approved for 4th level.

Last edited:

ethandrul

First Post
If you need us, you can count on Hasin and droogle-I'm hasin- Droogle is my cousin. We have been wasting our time at the big party and we are getting antsie. though i suspect we would be out of our league.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases