Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Gods below, has the world gone mad? First doomsayers among the sailors and now this!?" Despite his outburst, Lookspring looks like he's enjoying the skirmish. His eyes dart about and he bounces on the balls of his feet excitedly. With bow in hand he scampers over to the others as they form up around the Captain. He smirks at Phoenix's suggestion and says, "If you can get them to play by those rules, sure!"

BigB

First Post
Making your way to the door proves rather easy in the chaos. Rowan nocks aside a few the venture too near, but none actually threaten the group. They seem all too consumed with each other although you do not see how they know whom to attack and whom to trust.

Paing through the door you encounter Phoenix's acquaintance from the night you rescued Uggla, the young guard. He motions to be quiet and follow as he takes up a quick jog.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Not sure at first whether or not to trust the guard, Phoenix decides that if he's not attacking then he must be on their side. That or he's just trying to get more charges added onto their heads. Time enough to face that later though. She breaks into a jog following him, hoping that their luck holds and that they meet no further resistance. "Rowan, when we get clear of here we're all going to detour quickly past the Red Dragon Inn to pick up whatever belongings we might need and then hightail it down to the docks and set sail. Captain Purdy, stay with us for protection and we can stop anywhere you need as well because you aren't getting on that ship without us at this point. Not after all this trouble." she says to the Captain with a fierce look in her eye. A small crackle of flame traces around her eyes and is quickly gone as she turns her concentration back to following their guide.

BigB

First Post
ooc: I will continue with the assumption that Lookspring will follow as well.

The Guard leads you down a dimly lit hallway, past a few closed doors. As you progress you can hear yelling getting louder and louder as well you can hear pursuit behind you as guards have picked up your trail. At the end of the hallway is a door that is partly open and has a hole punched through about head height for a human and you can tell it happened just recently. You burst through the door to a bloody scene. Two guards lay on the floor unconscious, both have deep axe wounds but seem alive. The five of you crowd into the room, the young guard locks the door closed. Go quickly, I will stall them long enough and look after these two. You should be able to disappear into the crowd outside.

No one looks at you suspiciously because of the battle that tooks place moments before. As you disperse into the crowd you catch a glimpse of a couple dwarves, an elf and a human spattered with blood escaping into the crowd just as you are. They obviously sprung your escape. Had the door been locked when you got there the pursuit would have caught you and another bloody battle would have ensued.

OoC: You can easily get away, stop at the RDI and continue to Purdy's ship. This will conclude "Rich Beyond Dreams". I will be posting experience awards and will start a new post for "The Sinister Spire" the continuation of RBD. If not over the weekend I will have them posted monday morning. I hope you are ready for the return to the island :] You will need to be. If you have any purchases or anything to wrap up first go ahead and do so.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Looking a bit disappointed that they got away without a fight, Lookspring trails the group, moving as quickly as he can to keep up with his long legged companions. As they finally burst onto the street and blend into the crowd, he relaxes a little and puts away his bow. He turns to his companions and flashes them a toothy grin "If every court hearing is like that, I'll have to break the law more often!"

"I've picked up some stuff to help keep me alive but there may be more I need. What did you learn about the yuan-ti things? We should be prepared so we can wipe them out without a problem."

Manzanita

First Post
"That was pretty weird." Rowan says to no one in particular as they head back to the inn. If practicle, Rowan will bring his horse. If not, he'll have to leave some of his weapons and gear behind.

BigB

First Post
Manzanita said:
"That was pretty weird." Rowan says to no one in particular as they head back to the inn. If practicle, Rowan will bring his horse. If not, he'll have to leave some of his weapons and gear behind.

Captain Purdy clasps Rowan on the shoulder. Welcome to the team. You know it has been like this since I met these two. Seems we are always running from Orussus. Your horse is welcome aboard the ship although these two spent their time underground mostly last time. Of course you have to provide the feed as we dont stock it on the ship.

ooc: There will be a portion of the adventure your horse will be useful but after the initial part, it may be mostly underground.

100 exp each for Phoenix, Lookspring and Rowan for roleplay the last part. Another 50 exp for Phoenix as her persuasive powers helped secure powerful allies in Orussus. I had established a few outcomes for the hearing depending on whom the group could persuade and if none it would have been difficult indeed especially with Looksprings testimony. :eek:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Lookspring, we found out that the Yuan-ti are snake like people or monsters. They're gonna be poisionous I'm sure. I already picked up a couple of potions to neutralize poision. They were expensive though. I also grabbed a couple cheaper antitoxin vials from an alchemist. So you might see if you can grab some of those quick on the way out of the city." Phoenix tells her companion as they run through the city.

OOC: Ready to advance to the new adventure whenever you're ready BigB.

Remove ads