Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging) - Page 14




What's on your mind?

  1. #131
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Despite the others success with crude rocks and stick, Lookspring stubbornly continues hacking with his handaxe. His tenacity is rewarded with a solid blow but he can tell his blade is not having the effect it should. He begins scanning the ground around the well for a suitable rock to throw at the beasties.

    Lookspring attack and damage R4 (1d20+4=24, 1d4+1=2)

 

  • #132
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    Lookspring landed a blow on the skeleton but appears to have only scratched it.

    ooc: next round

    The skeleton emerges from the well and attacks Lookspring grasping with bony claws only finding air as Lookspring easily avoids the skeleton.

    One of the sailors standing back in reserve runs off to the woods. The others move a bit closer.

    ooc: one skeleton on the ground attacking Lookspring (opportunity to flank for Phoenix and sailor with club) one more skeleton climbing up out of the well (no attack this turn).
    BigB

  • #133
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,365

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    Now that she's hefted the morningstar a bit and has the weight accounted for, she swings hard with it at the skeleton attacking Lookspring. Clobbering it in the head, she enjoys the sound of a good solid hit...

    Attack and Damage (1d20+4=24, 1d8+3=4) (Natural 20!!)
    Critical Confirmation roll (1d20+4=19)
    HP 21/21
    PP 4/4

  • #134
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Lookspring backpeddles away from the skeleton. His handaxe is useless against the boney creature and he remembers the warning that arrows will be of little use either. He quickly scans the ground around him for rocks he can hurl or a sturdy branch.

  • #135
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    Phoenix seeing Lookspring threatened by the only skeleton to make it out of the well swings her morningstar in a high arc hitting it on top of its skull crushing bone and showering Lookspring with pieces of decayed bone.

    Lookspring frantically searches for a more effective weapon. He sees the sailors grabbing large rocks from near the woods edge and 2 more rocks fly over his head; one hitting the side of the well and falling to the ground, the other strikes a skeleton sending it to the depths of the well.

    ooc: another tactic for Lookspring might be to aid Phoenix, giving her +2 to hit with Lookspring making a successfull attack against AC 10.

    You hear someone chopping wood nearby in the direction the sailor ran.

    next round.......another skeleton is emerging from the well, but you feel some accomplishment as you only see 2 skeletons remaining.
    BigB

  • #136
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,365

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    "Keep it up, everyone! They are almost done for!" Phoenix yells to Lookspring and the sailors. Swinging another mighty blow towards the next skeleton, Phoenix overcompensates and spins a little too much but with lots of power behind it...

    Attack and Damage (1d20+4=11, 1d8+3=11)
    HP 21/21
    PP 4/4

  • #137
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    As Phoenix's morningstar strikes down the skeleton in front of him, Lookspring sees his opportunity. He quickly darts forward and snatches up the skeletons femur and wields it awkwardly. He swings it furiously back and forth trying to strike the next skeleton crawling up out of the well.

    Lookspring Attack & Damage (-4 improvised weapon) (1d20-1=17, 1d4+1=5)

  • #138
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    The sailor with the club swings awkwardly missing wide. Two stones once again fly one landing just to the side of Lookspring barely missing him. Phoenix attacks with morningstar hoping to finish this soon and misses as she calls out to the others. Lookspring finding an improvised weapon (bone club) strikes true dropping the skeleton climbing from the well.


    next round:

    The sailor that had run off to the woodline returns with an armload of rough cut clubs.

    the last skeleton climbing from the well reaches the top...
    BigB

  • #139
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,365

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    Phoenix turns and swings at the skeleton attempts to climb out of the well. "Let's finish this!" she yells with enthusiasm.

    Attack and Damage (1d20+4=16, 1d8+3=6)

    HP 21/21
    PP 4/4

  • #140
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    ooc: That will do it.


    Phoenix swings and destroys the last skeleton climbing out of the well. Silence follows as the sailors look around them dumbfounded at what they just witnessed.

    ooc: 500 exp each for Lookspring and Phoenix for the skeletons.
    BigB

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    2. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    3. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    4. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM
    5. Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)
      By Someone in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2005, 10:50 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •