Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging) - Page 24




+ Log in or register to post
Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 693
  1. #231
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    OOC: Yes, regaining her Psionic focus is a full round action.

    Using the power of her mind, Phoenix burns away some of the wound from the crossbow bolt so that it only did half it's damage to her. (Spending 2 PP to activate Resilience and lessen the damage by 4 points.)

    Moving in after Lookspring, Phoenix strikes at the first dwarf (assuming it's still standing after Lookspring attacks. If not, she moves and attacks the second dwarf down the line if possible).

    Rnd 2 Attack and Damage (1d20+5=19, 1d6+3=5)
    HP: 15/21
    PP: 1/4

    OOC: Last post before I hit the road in the morning! See you back in a week if I can't get online between now and then.

 

  • #232
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    With the first dwarf downed quickly, Lookspring feels a brief flutter of hope. He glances at the dwarfs crossbow with some interest and makes a note to come back for it and try it out. He races around the rock pile and heads towards the next dwarf in hopes of closing the distance before it can get a shot off.

    Lookspring attack and damage r2 (1d20+5=10, 1d4+1=4)

  • #233
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,699

    Ignore BigB
    As Phoenix and Lookspring watch the dwarf fall to the ground beneath the blows they delivered, they see the next dwarf in line go down as well from a crossbow bolt. They move forward to attack the 3rd (and last) dwarf and watch it disappear from sight. You can hear its footfalls and know it is moving away from you, but not exactly where. Suddenly shouting draws your attention as the dwarf reappears amongst the sailors knocking one unconscious with a devastating blow. The dwarf is now twice its previous size.
    BigB

  • #234
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring gasps at the sight of the horrendously over-sized dwarf. How? he wonders in a sort of daze as it begins thrashing on the sailors. At the sight of one of them getting hit he snaps out of it and springs into action. With a larger target to hit, he drops his makeshift club and pulls his longbow off his back. He nocks an arrow and lets it fly.

    Lookspring Longbow attack and damage (1d20+7=24, 1d6+1=2)

  • #235
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,699

    Ignore BigB
    The last standing sailor drops his crossbow and draws his shortsword, half panicked manages to attack although poorly, missing the giant sized dwarf. Looksprings arrow hits the dwarf in the back, sending him into shouting fits echoing off the cavern walls. Phoenix lets fly her mindblade in a desperate attack 1d20+4=11, 1d6+3=8 hitting the dwarf in the center of the back. The dwarf goes down and returns to normal size, unconscious and near death. The sailor stands there staring in shock having thought he was a dead man.
    BigB

  • #236
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,699

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: 180 exp to Lookspring and Phoenix each for the dwarves.
    BigB

  • #237
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring looks around to make sure there are no more of the towering monstrosities in sight before sitting down to look at his wounds. He curses aloud when he touches the more painful ones. He calls out to the others, "Someone check the sailors and see if any are alive still." I need all the bodies I can get between me and the nasties down here Once he's cleaned them up a little he moves over to search the bodies of the dwarves.

    OOC - Since it doesn't look like Verrick is coming back, do you mind if we say he left the wand of cure light with us? If not, we'll send a runner back to the ship to get it, maybe one of the guys who waited up top at the well.
    Lookspring Search (1d20+4=9)

  • #238
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,699

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: I think I posted that Verrick gave you the wand when he departed with Ray and Pinkie. If not, that was my intention so we can go forward with Lookspring carrying the wand already.


    Phoenix checks the sailors and replies that the two injured are seriously hurt and unconscious but alive if barely. The remaining sailor is uninjured.

    The dwarves each carried crossbows, hand axes, and chunks of gold.(weapons are all sized for medium creatures)

    ooc: make 3 appraise checks, 1 for crossbows quality, 1 for handaxe quality and 1 for gold value.

    The tunnel does not end at this chamber, it continues on into the dark.
    BigB

  • #239
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring digs through his backpack until he uncovers the wand that they purchased for the group. He shakes it back and forth, then jiggles it experimentally until he remembers the proper commands to activate it. He first heals himself and Phoenix before turning to the sailors. Though he hesitates for a moment, he decides he would rather have all the bodies between himself and the horrors of this pit as he can. He expends further charges to bring them back to health. "I can only hope this will also remove whatever horrible taint brought these things back to unlife so we don't join them." he mutters gloomily. Once his work is complete, he turns to help Phoenix sort through the valuables.

    Lookspring untrained Appraise (1d20+2=4, 1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=16)

  • #240
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,699

    Ignore BigB
    2 charges each bring the sailors back to full health, 1 charge to bring Phoenix to full health, 1 charge to bring Lookspring to 20/23 or 2 charges for 23/23.

    To Lookspring the crossbows appear to be normal, the hand axes appear to be masterwork quality, the gold appears to be worth 75gp total from all 3.

    One of the sailors picks up a chunk of gold from among the rocky floor of the cavern. There is gold in the rocks!
    BigB

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    2. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    3. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    4. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM
    5. Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)
      By Someone in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2005, 10:50 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •