Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging) - Page 34





  1. #331
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,288
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring fires at the dwarves at the top of the damn. One of his arrows misses by a wide margin and embeds itself close to where Phoenix is climbing.

    Lookspring arrows (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=16, 1d6+1=6, 1d6+1=6)

 

  • #332
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BigB
    Sailor 1 Fires at Dwarf 1 and hits for 6 pts damage. Dwarf 1 falls to lie on the dam bleeding.

    Dwarf 5 fires at Phoenix hitting for 4 pts of damage as the crossbow bolt finds a hole in her armor.

    Phoenix biting down the pain laughs taunting the Dwarves as she climbs the dam. She easily reaches the top this round.

    Lookspring fires 2 arrows the first just misses Phoenix sticking into the dam. The second hits Dwarf 5 for 6 pts. Dwarf 5 falls to the ground and tumbles down the front side of the dam.

    Sailor 2 hits Dwarf 6 for 6 pts damage.

    Sailor 5 hits Dwarf 6 for 4 points of damage and slumps to the ground bleeding profusely.


    All the dwarves have fallen and lay bleeding. You can hear the sound of splashing water as though someone were running through a stream and it seems to get farther away until it stops and is quiet once more.

    Sailor 4 is seriously wounded and sits on the floor of the cavern bleeding and loses consciousness.


    ooc:actions?
    BigB

  • #333
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,317
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Frak! You didn't leave any for me to cut down!" Phoenix complains weakly before calling down to Lookspring, "Quick use the wand on that sailor! We owe him that much at least for his excellent shooting. Make sure to check out the fallen bodies before you all come up here as well. Don't take too long though, as one seems to have gotten away and could be bringing some friends shortly..." After that, she begins checking the bodies of the dwarves still laying atop the dam. If any of them still draw breath, she quietly finishes them off since the party has no other way of healing than to use the expensive charges of the wand. Giving a cursory glance through their belongings, she will take anything that looks of good value or good use before checking around the tunnel to see what she can see.

  • #334
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,288
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring leans down and pokes the fallen sailor with the wand and activates it. We'll need all the hands we can to get back to the mainland. The last thing I want to do is rig sailing and coil rope on the way back. Plus... there might be bags and bags of gold nuggets to carry back! Buoyed by this happy thought, he begins rummaging through the dwarves that fell behind him before picking his way past the dead badgers and heading up the dam.


    ooc
    Spoiler:

    CLW wand (1d8+1=7)
    If that doesn't do it I'll use another. If any of the other sailors look near death I'll tap them too.

  • #335
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BigB
    From the top of the dam Phoenix can see the tunnels run North and South and the river runs east to southwest through the rock. 3 Dwarves still breathe although shallowly and are easily dispatched.


    After searching the dwarves you find the following items:
    Miner1- 6gp and 7cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Miner2- 2gp and 5cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Miner3- 2gp and 4cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry1- 5gp and 9cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry2- 6gp and 2cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry3- 2gp and 1cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry4- 2gp and 9cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry5- 4gp and 5cp light crossbow and handaxe
    Sentry6- 2gp and 2cp light crossbow and handaxe

    The crossbows and handaxe's are same style and quality as those found on the dwarves previously.
    BigB

  • #336
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,317
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    OOC: So we can follow the tunnel either way but following the river is now out of the question I assume? Which way did the sounds of the running footsteps go, North or South? And I assume there was nothing else in the area of the dam besides the bodies that could be of interest?

  • #337
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BigB
    The opposite side of the dam is flooded about waist high for human sized beings. It may be possible to follow the river swimming underwater? Make a listen check for direction of footsteps. You do not see anything obvious of interest. The dam, rocks on one side water on the other and of course the bodies scattered around the dam and behind the group.
    BigB

  • #338
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,288
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring tasks one of the sailors with carrying the weapons back to the entrance, thinking he might be able to sell them to the savages later. He then moves to the dam and scrambles up to join Phoenix. He waits for her to pick a direction before setting off.

  • #339
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,317
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    Phoenix trys to figure out which way she heard the footsteps going...
    Listen check (1d20+1=7)

    If she figures it out, she'll lead the party that way. Otherwise she leads them to the north for now.

  • #340
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BigB
    It will either take more than one sailor to carry all the weapons or multiple trips. Do you wait for this to be done and all continue together or go ahead and have the sailor catch up or stay with the weapons?


    Phoenix can not tell what direction the footsteps went.


    ooc: experience for combat with dwarves and badgers. 473 for Lookspring and 473 for Phoenix.
    BigB

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    2. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    3. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    4. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM
    5. Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)
      By Someone in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2005, 10:50 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •