Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging) - Page 46




+ Log in or register to post
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 693
  1. #451
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,704

    Ignore BigB
    Sailor and Phoenix are both at full health again.


    ooc:469 experience each for the encounter and 100 exp each for roleplay throughout adventure to this point. Total 569 for Lookspring and 569 for Phoenix. I will have to go through posts and add up wand usage but I do not think you are going to run out any time soon.



    actions?
    BigB

 

  • #452
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "The more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of trying to interrogate a spellcaster. Let's put him out of his misery and get on with this." Phoenix says as she does a coup de grace on the dwarf. "It's probably for the greater good anyway..." We search the bodies and the room and take anything valuable looking. Phoenix isn't much help in the looking for hidden things though...
    Search check (1d20=6)

  • #453
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,262

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring nods in approval at Phoenix's dispatching of the remaining dwarf. "Better than having to fight him again. Not that he put up much of a fight." He glances around the room but is distracted by the dwarfs shiny armor to notice much.

    Lookspring search (1d20+4=5)

  • #454
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,704

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: Wow, looks like we stick to the obvious.


    Fighter carried a falchion, composite longbow and a bottle of ale.

    Spellcaster carried breastplate armor, morningstar, light steel shield, 2 potions, and a sack of miscellaneous gems.

    A bed and many empty ale bottles around it, a table with some detailed maps of the caverns that seem to indicate the tunnel off this room goes on for miles and miles but does not indicate where it leads....also unless you can read dwarven you do not understand it.
    BigB

  • #455
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "First things first", Phoenix mutters to herself before closing her eyes to concentrate on restoring her psionic focus...unfortunately it takes nearly half a minute to do so...
    DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=9)
    DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=12)
    DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=12)
    DC20 Concentration check to regain psionic focus (1d20+8=27) OOC: Finally made it!

    "Well, it looks like this long tunnel must lead back to wherever these dwarves came from. I don't think I care for a miles long trek only to find a city full of these tricky suckers underground somewhere. Ya think this about wraps it up then Lookspring? If this is it though, maybe we oughta give this room one last going over. We really only checked the bodies out so far, ya know?"

    OOC: Phoenix takes 20 on a search check....

    "Now we just gotta see if we can destroy that dam and be able to make it out of here ourselves..."

    OOC: We take all the gear from the dwarves as well as the map. Maybe we can find a villager that can read dwarven?

  • #456
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,704

    Ignore BigB
    You find a scroll tube hidden near the bed with 3 scrolls written in a different language from the map but one you still cannot read. It seems of some importance though as it was placed in a tube and hidden as the rest are spread across the small table.
    BigB

  • #457
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Well, that could be more useful." Phoenix mutters while looking at the unreadable scrolls. "I don't suppose any of you sailors have come across either of these languages in your travels?" Phoenix asks the 5 sailors while showing them the map and the scrolls. "Probably magic scrolls or something." she guesses.

    "Nice gems this guy had, huh Lookspring? Can't wait to see how much these are worth back in Orrussus. So, should we head on back towards the dam and see about taking it down to give the villagers back their well?" she asks as they get all the gear and treasure stowed along with the map and scrolls. Phoenix also looks around the room and a little down the long tunnel to see if there is any reasonbly easy way of collapsing the tunnel or the room. Is it carved out of rock? Or packed earth held up by wooden timbers that could be burned away? She is just thinking about trying to deny access to the dwarves if any come back again some day.

  • #458
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,262

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    "Forget the tunnel, the villagers just wanted a well back. We just need the dwarves to stay gone long enough for us to trade and high tail it out of here. There has to be some way to break the dam supports without drowning ourselves in the flood. Maybe we can find some lantern oil and set fire to the supports, then run. Or better yet, a whole barrel of oil! We can pack it under the support and blow the whole thing sky high! Ha!"

  • #459
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "I like where your head is at, Lookspring!" Phoenix says with a big grin. "I've got no oil myself though, and I don't remember seeing any on the way through down here. There sure are alot of empty ale bottles down here though. If only we could find a keg or more bottles, maybe it would be strong enough alcohol to burn well?" She wonders. "Worst case if we can't find anything else, we head topside again and get some burnable foliage and pile a bunch of it up and light it. Not to mention my mindblade could carve a decent chunk out if I had to. Maybe just some notches in it to weaken it in key areas before the fire? I dunno, we'll have to have a better look at it I guess. Last time we were there I was more worried about the dwarves and their crossbows than the dam itself. Oh yeah, remind me later to ask the villagers if any of them can read the map or the scrolls when we get up there again."

    OOC: BigB, have there been lanterns hanging anywhere down here? I don't remember any and the dwarves would have had darkvision to see by and so wouldn't need them but I thought I'd ask. Or any other possible source of fuel that could be burnt to help bring down the dam...

  • #460
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,704

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: You have seen nothing that would appear to burn the wet wood of the dam. Attacking from the ground would obviously to all risk being swept away by the flood of water and attacking from the top will not be sufficient to weaken the dam (at least not unless you decide to spend months chopping away at it and possibly miss your ride).
    BigB

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    2. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    3. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    4. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM
    5. Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)
      By Someone in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2005, 10:50 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •