Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging) - Page 55




+ Log in or register to post
Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 693
  1. #541
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,702

    ° Ignore BigB
    ooc: interesting image...Lookspring (resembling humanoid cat?) carrying a wolfs head to use as a hat



    After Lookspring completes his task you once again follow the beasts path. Moving through the vegetation is time consuming and after a while it seems you must decide to continue or turn back to return before nightfall.

    if continue
    The remainder of the day is uneventfull. The sky begins to darken... What do you do?
    BigB

 

  • #542
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,702

    ° Ignore BigB
    ooc: almost forgot to post exp. 200 exp each for Lookspring and Phoenix for encounter with wolves.
    BigB

  • #543
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008

    - 4 hps

    "Frak! It's gonna get dark soon, Lookspring. I really don't know about being out here all night long or traipsing through this jungle in the pitch black. I think my common sense may be trying to tell my greed ta shut up. What do you think Lookspring?" Phoenix asks.

    OOC: At this point, I'm just about ready to give up on it and call it a day, head back to the village and ship out back to Orrussus soon. If Lookspring's greed is stronger though and he want's to continue, then Phoenix will back him up.

  • #544
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,261

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    "What!? When we can practically smell the treasure! He says in an irritated tone. He looks around the darkening forest for a moment. "Then again.. I don't fancy running into any more hydra in the dark. And if they're not nocturnal and share lairs we're more likely to find one when we reach its home. Fine, lets head back. We don't want to miss the celebration feast. I'm still curious to see what they taste like anyway. Maybe we can convince those hunters we saved with the wand to shower us with more pearls!" With the thoughts of roasted hydra and giant pearls running through his head, he turns around and starts working on finding the shortest path back to the village.

  • #545
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,702

    ° Ignore BigB
    Phoenix and Lookspring easily follow the trail back to where they had battled the beast and from there follow the trail through the trail through the tar fields. Partway into the tar fields they can hear yelps to either side of them as though a pack of wolves are hurt and frightened. Nothing seems to be approaching though.
    BigB

  • #546
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,261

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    "Ha, sounds like something big and nasty is chasing that wolf pack. Probably picked up the scent of blood from the ones I feathered. Serves them right!" He thumps the snout of the wolfs head he is carrying and chuckles to himself as they continue along the path.

  • #547
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Well, the racket they are making is sure to draw the attention of something if it hasn't already. I'm nearly curious enough to go check it out myself, but strying from the path here in the dark sounds like a recipe for ending up in a tar pit..." Phoenix says to Lookspring as she looks towards where the sounds are coming from before continuing on the path. "Heck, maybe that wolf we killed was their pack leader and now they are following YOU, Lookspring!" Phoenix teases her companion.

  • #548
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,702

    ° Ignore BigB
    You reach the village just as light seems to give way to darkness although the village is lit with lanterns and a large fire burns emanating the aroma of roasted game. Your stomach growls reminding you that you have not eaten since leaving the village. As you approach the center of the village you can see that many villagers are busy preparing a feast and others are working to store the remaining meat for later use. Tanners are busy preparing hides while others are busy preparing the bones.
    BigB

  • #549
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,261

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Sniffing the air, Lookspring begins to salivate at all the delicious odors wafting up to them. He turns to Phoenix and says, "Check in with the hunters and see if any of them are going to buy those finely crafted weapons we let them borrow. Remind them of how we saved them from certain death if they are difficult." He points off towards where the villagers are preparing hide and bones and says, "I'm going to take this head over there and see if one of them can work this head, and maybe preserve a hydra head to be a trophy. We'll meet up afterwards for the feast, I can hardly wait to try some hydra!" With a rumbling stomach, he marches triumphantly into the village.

  • #550
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,290

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    Phoenix watches Lookspring walk away in front of her. She walks around not trying to speak with anyone. Just watching the villagers do what they do. She sees the hunters that lived and the wives and children of some that did not. She talks to none of them. The business of the weapons can wait till the morning. She attends the feast with a sadness of heart she has not felt in a long time. Somehow, the deaths of the hunters by the Hydra had shaken her deeply. Her shell of anger and rage had melted away for the time being. For a while at least, her emotions did not burn hot like the fires cooking the feast. Sitting and watching from the shadows, the girl who called herself Phoenix felt her soul rise from its ashes and fill her body again for the first time in a long time. Would it last? Who could say. But for now she felt at peace...

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    2. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    3. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    4. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM
    5. Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)
      By Someone in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2005, 10:50 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •