stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
HP 15/26 : AC 20 : TU 4/5 : Sickened

The wave of nausea washes over him and as his left arm weakly tries to reach out and stab the zombie, he drops to a knee in pain. "Uhh... agh... not... good... HYUGHH--UGGHH--." His stomach convulses and Jarrith can taste the bile that is trying to expurgate itself from within him. He stumbles back to his feet and from around the corner tries once more to stab the zombie... this time with both rapiers. (Standard Action Dual-Wield: +5/+5)

"Gentlemen... ladies... I-- *urp* I think the one behind me down the alley will snap out of it soon. If one... ugh... of you wouldn't mind coming over here and try to take it out while it's still cowering, it'd help. I-- *urp* -damn it- can't engage it without breaking my hold over it."

James Heard

Explorer
hp 32,ac 13, init 12 (mirror image, 57 rounds)

Arms spread wide, another arc of electricity leaps from between her outreached hands as Janis patiently moves a bit to the left within the alley. The writhing snake of her familiar sways upon her neck in ecstasy as the frayed ends of the bolt dances beneath her breasts for an instance before attaching itself to another zombie. A myriad of Janis's find no struggle in mimicking her actions.

OOC: Move to M7, fire bolt at zombie I7

Doomhawk

First Post
HP 36/36, AC 20, 4/5 Rebukes

As Khensu steps to the side, Selase brings her arm up, flipping her grip on the knife, and as her hand whips down in a forward arc, her dagger flies toward the now-exposed zombie. She then moves toward Jarrith, taking her shield from her back. (Throw dagger (+6/1d4+1) at K5 zombie as a standard action, then move to L6 and take out shield as a move action.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Street Ambush: Round 4

Marot presses the attack, flinging more power at the wizened zombie. However, the confusion of the melee spoils his shot. [AC 8 ranged touch through cover/melee misses]

Jarrith stumbles back to his feet and from around the corner tries once more to stab the zombie... this time with both rapiers. However, the confusion of the sickness and the wall in the way make both strikes miss. [AC 12 and 13 melee miss covered target]

Arms spread wide, another arc of electricity leaps from between her outreached hands as Janis patiently moves a bit to the left within the alley. The writhing snake of her familiar sways upon her neck in ecstasy as the frayed ends of the bolt dances beneath her breasts for an instance before attaching itself to another zombie. A myriad of Janis's find no struggle in mimicking her actions. The lightning sears the cowering foe, though the burnt tatters barely cling to unlife. [16 damage]

Daellin shifts slightly and continues his attacks on the undead creatures, first downing the cowering zombie, then wounding the wizened one. [AC 18 hits I7; 12 hp before DR drop it; AC 33 and 22 hit K5, 17 hp before DR]

Noting the cowering zombie drop, Khensu bring his axe down against the old zombie before him. It is a clean hit, slicing through the tendons and bones of the corpse. It falls with a wet gurgle. [AC 26 hits; 20 hp drops it]

Seeing Khensu fell the wizened foe, Selase moves toward Jarrith, taking her shield from her back. [Moves to M5; takes out shield]

Street Ambush: Round 6
attachment.php

M: 19
J: 12 (15/26 hp, sickened, 4 turns checks left)
D: 12 (turned)
J: 12 (mirror image, 56 rounds)
D: 9
K: 7 (29/47 hp, 4 rebukes left)
S: 7
Z: 3 (J6: -58 hp [dead], K7: -65 hp [dead], K6: -52 hp [dead], K5: -57 hp [dead], I7: -61 hp [dead])
C: 2 (K6: -20 hp [dead], K8: -28 hp [dead])

Map Key: C: Rabid rat-like creatures, D: Daellin, D: Magic-infused undead, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: Mist grants concealment to creatures 30' away. Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Transparent: Dead, Yellow Border: Turned (6 rounds).

Please indicate your actions for round 6.

Attachments

• E1-r6.png
    E1-r6.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 277

drothgery

First Post
"Jarrith, let me have a clean shot." Daellin shouts OOC: Free action, as he prepares to move in on the final undead creature.

OOC: If Jarrith moves somewhere that allows Daellin to take a shot that doesn't go through cover within a single move, he'll move, fitting two arrows to his bow as he does, then firing using Manyshot (+9 to hit, 2d8+14 dmg -- assuming bad guy is undead --, DR applies twice)

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu moves forward to the beginning of the intersection, his greataxe ready for more zombies. "May the Flame illuminate the evil before me," he murmurs calling upon his devotion to search out any further undead in the immediate vicinity

(OOC: Detect evil in the arc directly ahead of us.))

stonegod

[sblock=Doomhawk]Doomhawk, if you are not reading the OOC thread, there are a few things I'd like for you to update on your sheet (mostly tactics in order to adjucate Selase's actions when you are not available. I'd appreciate it.[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the last of the undead menaces in the street crumple to the ground under the force of their attacks, Jarrith smiles weakly and lets out another belch. He shakes his head several times in order to clear it, and then hears Daellin yell at him.
Daellin said:
"Jarrith, let me have a clean shot."
The stalker's head immediately snaps up, and he remembers the undead magic-user behind him down the alley. "Right, right! Sorry! I'm just going to go over... here..." He stumbles out of the alley and move forward down the street, just to check if any other zombies are in the vicinity. He figures that Sir Khensu, Daellin and the others can handle that lone remaining zombie in the alley. (Move Action to H5 : Spot check down both streets)

stonegod

Street Ambush: Round 5

Marot keeps his eyes ahead and behind, wary for attacks from any direction.

"Jarrith, let me have a clean shot." Daellin shouts, as he prepares to move in on the final undead creature.

The stalker's head immediately snaps up, and he remembers the undead magic-user behind him down the alley. "Right, right! Sorry! I'm just going to go over... here..." He stumbles out of the alley and move forward down the street, just to check if any other zombies are in the vicinity. The fog obscures sight beyond a few feet, however, and nothing else is seen. [Move to H5. Nothing seen w/ Spot]

Seeing the odd magic dance around the zombie in the alley, the army of Janis' tilt their head at it, studying the power coming off it. Absently, her hands spin, forming an acid globule she shoots at the monstrosity. However, her intent concentration distracts her actual aim, and the ball flies wide. [acid splatter, AC 8 ranged touch misses]

With Jarrith gone, the elf hunter cautiously moves forward, stringing two arrows on his bow. They unerringly strike true, both in the head. The creature gurgles once, then falls limply to the ground [Manyshot AC 23 hits; 30 hp before DR]

End of Combat

Sir Khensu moves forward to the beginning of the intersection, his greataxe ready for more zombies. Peering into the thick mists, his Flame given sense detects no trace of foulness ahead of him.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Seeing the conflict cease, Sir Khensu drops to one knee and quickly murmurs a thanks to the Silver Flame for their victory. The shifter stands then, a mournful look upon his face.

"My friends, I am afraid we must uncover what has happened here. I cannot imagine a village so removed from civilization that they allow the undead to walk the streets freely."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases