Traps and Wards (Erekose 13 Judging) [Concluding]

Patlin

Explorer
Arriving at the guild hall of house Kundarak's Warding Guild, Johan d'Kundarad leads you into a small conference room.

"Hopefully at least one of you has some knowledge of locks and traps? Someone open this, through skill or magic... not force."

He tosses a lock onto the table.

Quick Housekeeping Bits
Please use invisible castle to make all the dice rolls you would make in a normal game. It completely bogs me down if I have to do the rolling for the PCs as well as the NPCs, and if I get bogged down I don't update as often and things spiral out of control and... well, you get the point. Please?

(As discussed during recruiting, I'll do the dice rolling if you simply cannot.)

I will mostly use Invisible Castle as well, and generally I post the links for each roll. If I miss one or two, you are welcome to do a search there under "DM Patlin" to see what I've been up to. Being more-or-less human, I will occasionally screw something up. If I do and you tell me about it quickly, I'll fix it. If we figure out a mistake several rounds later, though, I may simply decide you're stuck with it. :eek: Example: If I'm applying sneak attack damage to your character and I forgot you've got a blur spell up, tell me right away!

Reference
Recruiting was done at the Shard.

Xp Award #1
Xp Award #2
Final XP Award
Promised rewards:

"Pay scale is as follows. Your group will get 500 gold on sign up. Your progress will be measured in stages. First stage is simply getting inside the estate, that's worth a thousand gold. Second stage is getting to the vault itself, that's worth 2,500 gold. Third stage -- and our gold is safe in this regard -- is getting inside the vault. That's worth 5,000 gold. Serious breakage will cost you 1,000 gold off the top, no breakage at all is worth a 1,000 gold bonus."

(2,000 gp awarded at conclusion of adventure.)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Just about any character type is OK, though you'll need a skill based character such as a rogue, scout, or artificer. Hence the lock...

penance

First Post
Samarik looks closely at the lock, picking it up and tinkering with it. Then he sets it down and shrugs. "Yeah, lockpicking would be useful." He smiles a little. "About the only thing I could do to that peice of metal is hack at it with my sword."

[sblock=Inspiration]oots familiars. Be sure to read #155: "I believe he is asking for morphine..."[/sblock]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
"Through skill or magic?" the small human says.

"If that is your wish, I can but try"

His looks at his employer, and his eyes stare into nothingness for a moment.

(ooc : casting psionic charm, will negates DC 15, at Johan de Kundarak)

penance

First Post
Samarik looks untrustfully at the psionic caster. If there is anything I don't like, it is psionics, he thinks. But if this little guy can help us to beat this maze they've constructed for us, it might be worth it.

JRYoung

First Post
"I'm not trained in the mysteries of lock picking, but I'll gladly give moral support" Rethlin comments as he stares cluelessly at the lock.

OOC: Looks like we need a Rogue to join this party... Rethlin can hit someone with a Guidance spell for +1 to the open lock check.

IamTheTest

First Post
Fritz stays near Samarik's side quietly observing. With a calming hand on Liam's back he thinks about how he could possibly be of use for this task. I can't help with this...maybe we could just break it open? Fritz knows that it is probably a bad idea to make that much noise, but he cannot see an alternative. Are there any other ways in besides this?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases