Bluffside - anyone still using it?

Psion

Adventurer
Well then,

Getting back into the swing of things and starting things rolling on my little game world (see here), I am turning my attention to what to do in the near future. One of the inclusions in the game world was the 3.0 third party d20 classics, Bluffside. As I dust off this book that has lain unused for too long, I have to wonder - is anyone else using bluffside? Has anyone updated any part of it to 3.5? What have you done with it?

Crothian

First Post
The only thing that needs updated are the stats, and that I could honestly care less about. I have used it but I find that I place parts of it in other cities more becasue I just want to use Bluffside.

I bought the Bluffside Collection PDF a while back now but I have barely read any of it, much less used it in my game. It is one of those, "when I get around to it" things at the moment. Ptolus is also in my stack of things that I have bought but not read a great deal of yet so it is in good company.

Unfortunately paving and landscaping the backyard in my new house has taken up all my free time for several months now.

Olaf the Stout

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I am using it, only not the city as a whole. I've cherry picked ideas from the book for use in my homebrew.

I use the cliff divers for my saurian thrill seekers in the mountain/jungle areas, modified the Mountain Ranger PrC (known as Redwood Rangers Iimc), but the Nevae an elven subrace, made Worx Redwing an Avariel and the emperor of the Elven Sky Cities, etc, etc..

der_kluge

Adventurer
Curiously, I've never used it. Curious - because I created the original Bluffside "stat block" in a module that I never finished.

The "feel" of Bluffside is a bit outside the scope of where I'm at nowadays - more gritty, less magic.

But, several of the NPCs in my home base village that my current PCs are in are from Bluffside - Glimbin, the "Inn Between", Atroxi's Herbs, and "Cattle Bane". The party scout also has a longbow made by the guy from "Take a Bow".

der_kluge said:
Curiously, I've never used it. Curious - because I created the original Bluffside "stat block" in a module that I never finished.

The "feel" of Bluffside is a bit outside the scope of where I'm at nowadays - more gritty, less magic.

But, several of the NPCs in my home base village that my current PCs are in are from Bluffside - Glimbin, the "Inn Between", Atroxi's Herbs, and "Cattle Bane". The party scout also has a longbow made by the guy from "Take a Bow".

Didn't you write a lot of it Curtis?

Olaf the Stout

Voadam

Legend
Never picked it up, though I keep being tempted by that, Freeport, Silver City, and others.

I've got books on Lankhmar, Waterdeep, Greyhawk, Calimport, Raven's Bluff, and for 3e Hollowfaust, Burok Torn, Seven Cities, Cityworks, and a bit of Ptolus.

Remove ads