Favorite pie?

They say baking is a science. This Thanksgiving I learned how to bake a lemon meringue pie, and I was quite giddy with the results, since I was far from home, and lemon meringue was always one of the staples of my family's Thanksgiving.

However, I want to expand my repertoire. Tell me what pies you like, and I'll pick one to try to bake next. Recipes are especially encouraged.

Aurora

First Post
I think Pecan pie is extremely good. I had a candy cane pie once that was to die for, which is strange because I am not a big candy cane fan.
If you pick one of our pies are you gonna bake 2 and send us one ;)
I would say next you should try a nice apple pie, the kind with crumb topping.....yum.

Shemeska

Adventurer
[zealous conviction] There is no pie but pumpkin pie, and graham cracker crumbs are its only crust. [/zealous conviction]

I like apple pie, but pecan is also good. Banana and caramel cream pie is another popular one. Chocolate chip pie is a bit different to the fruit filled ones.

For something different try a Roly Poly. You make a dough and spread it with jam (I think it's called Jelly in the US), sultanas and other pie-type fruit. You roll it up, brush it with some raw egg and sprinkle with sugar. It is then bake it in the oven like you would a pie. My mother-in-law makes it. It is delicious. Google roly poly recipe for some recipes.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases