Vin Diesel plays D&D

Green Knight

First Post
And leaving the mall, Diesel and his childhood friend and Dungeon Master, Marcus Abularach, discuss the issues relating to the guy's hybrid character; a half man, half orc.

Now, here's the part that's even more interesting: While Diesel was in the store he purchased around $800 worth of D&D paraphernalia. His reason for doing this, Diesel tells Brodie: research. Research for something he calls, "One of my secret projects." It's this project that Abularach has come to L.A. to write.

Hmm. Will we be seeing a D&D movie in the future starring Vin Diesel as a Half-Orc? Heh. That's pretty funny, though, if his secret project involves his DM writing a movie script. This Marcus Abularach guy must've run a bad-ass campaign for Diesel to believe that he could write a similarly bad-ass fantasy movie script. Can't wait to see the end results of this secret project.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Green Knight said:

Hmm. Will we be seeing a D&D movie in the future starring Vin Diesel as a Half-Orc? Heh. That's pretty funny, though, if his secret project involves his DM writing a movie script. This Marcus Abularach guy must've run a bad-ass campaign for Diesel to believe that he could write a similarly bad-ass fantasy movie script. Can't wait to see the end results of this secret project.

Well, there have been rumours of a Dark Elf movie.

Dingleberry

First Post
I'd rather see him as a barbarian, covered in clan tattoos and/or brands and wailing away with a greataxe.

I'd also LOVE to see him play Ben Grimm/Thing in a Fantastic Four movie.

I think its obvious who Peter Adkison should invite to next years Gencon; Vin Diesel, Marcus Abularach and (the ever lovely) Lexa Doig (from Andromeda).

JeffB

Legend
JeffB

OK...I'm an old fart who has only seen 3 movies in the last 7 years (FotR, EpI, and EpII)...

who is this Vin Diesel guy, and what has he been in?

JeffB :)

Randolpho

First Post
DPGDarrin said:
I discovered this right around the same time Pitch Black came out. I think its great that the person who will likely become the next major action star plays. Vin, if you're lurking under a different identity, we would love to publish a book written by you :cool:

Well, alright, but I won't make any promises! I'm a D&D fan, and you know we fanboys can't write to save our lives. ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Re: JeffB

JeffB said:
OK...I'm an old fart who has only seen 3 movies in the last 7 years (FotR, EpI, and EpII)...

who is this Vin Diesel guy, and what has he been in?

JeffB :)

Assuming you aren't kidding - check out the Movies Pitch Black, xXx (triple-x), and Fast and the Furious. He really hasn't starred in anything substantive yet, but he's an "up-and-coming" property in hollywood, the same way George Clooney was about 5 years ago.

Oh, and I kinda missed his appearance in "Saving Private Ryan..." :)

Last edited:

JeffB

Legend
Nope I wasn't kidding...I'm not a big movie fan..most movies just...well...aren't to my tastes....I watch some stuff now and again on TV, but don't go to the theatres..except for the 3 movies I mentioned (in fact I saw FotR 3 times...)...I'll see The Two Towers in the theatres and RotK..but I doubt anything else will "drive" me to the theatre until Ep III comes out...

But I have seen SPR on DVD (actually wished I had seen this in the theatre, I'm a war buff), and now I know who he is...thanx

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases