Todd's Free Character art thread. Again.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
The first time I did this the site crashed before I got a chance to really look at the submissions.

I thought it was about time I started it up again.

So, tell me about your character, and if i find it cool, I'll do a drawing.

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
I've kinda wanted to play..for the last little while...a necromancer. But not an ordinary necromancer. A necromancer who is lavishly flamboyant who, despite his choosen field, (his fathers dying wish) embraces the thrill and power of evocation. He would be a rich braggart who likes to swagger around and flout his power and education and play through dungeons with his scroll caddy.

Yes, scoll caddy (and this is the part I've been wanting to play for a long time), his caddy would be an undead lumbering oaf with just enough sense to pull the right scroll...most of the time (with an intensive colour coding system). The caddy would have shelves and drawers built right into him accompanied by a toggling light spell to aid...should the need arise to inspect a more difficult spell. There would also be locked secret compartments for valuable components and knick-knacks. Of course, his ribs would have great many wand sheaths as well as a couple jars of perfume to 'decaddify' the odour.

And if I had a picture I might just find the motivation to make this a reality...er...roleplayality.

ThorneMD

First Post
Well, here is my request. I've been playing this one for a few months and would love a pic to accompany "him" since its so hard to decribe sometimes.

Well since you asked so nicely Bastion, I guess I'll request something :D

Q8-R3 (Better known as Q) stands 6’8", but is leaner than more modern Warforged. The metals with which he was created give him a dark rustic color that makes him appear worn out (Think HK-47 if you've played KOTOR). He wears simple human clothes and makes every attempt to blend in, despite his obvious Warforged features. He wears a tan cover, to hide his lower face and hide the rest of his metal body as well, on top of which he also wears a traveler’s hat.

Basically even though "he" is a Warforged, the party has no idea. The only non-human features that they notice are his green eyes and hs unusual speech patterns.

Equipment wise:
Backpack
Cystalline Light Repeating Crossbow

Also, if you're daring enough Q commonly employs the help of a small mass of goo more commonly call Astral Construct I. So if you would care to, a small mass of go in a semi-humanoid shape that seems more muscular and buff then it should be (ie. chose buff as a ability)

And finally, a small psi-crystal (Nimble) drawn somewhere around Q would be nice too.

Lalato

Adventurer
Thanks for offering, Todd. Here's my request...

Güsil Snapfinger is a Gnome Bard. He is of normal Gnomish build. He is tanned, with light hair and blue eyes. He wears a magical Chain Shirt. His weapon of choice is the Short Bow, though he does carry a longsword as well.

Güsil isn't the smartest person you'll meet, but he means well and boy can he tell a story. Want to hear the one about the time he tricked the Spider King into letting him pass through his forest? Or perhaps you prefer the one about the tomb of the nordland king?

Güsil is a percussionist as well. He carries a small drum with him, but he's best known for the way he uses finger snaps to accentuate his storytelling.

He rides a large dog that has been trained for battle... though the dog rarely has a need to attack as Güsil usually stays away from the brunt of the battle.

As far as stats go... Güsil is a standard 5th level Bard.

--sam

Last edited:

Grim Morgensen and his horse Reaper have been battling the armies of the Red Hand of Doom for nearly a month now, and both of them are tired. In an elvish city on the edge of a swamp where the Red Hand is up to something nefarious, Grim realizes he must leave his trusted companion behind.

Despite his gruff exterior, this frightens him slightly. For a decade he has seldom been more than a few hundred feet from his horse, ever since it found him and carried him to safety after a tribe of hobgoblins had tossed Grim off a cliff and left him for dead in the wilderness. Grim's left leg is still bent from the poor healing of the injury, and he has been stuck with a limp ever since. Another reason he doesn't like to be far from his horse.

Together, out in the open and mounted on Reaper, Grim feels invincible. Reaper keeps him out of reach of enemies, while Grim strikes down his foes from a distance with a composite longbow he has carried ever since his betrayal by the hobgoblins. Grim might not be as smart as the wizards and knights he travels with, but he knows enough to prepare for anything, and so Reaper's saddle is packed with tools and implements for dozens of possible challenges. When bow and arrow fails him, Grim has tanglefoot bags, alchemist fire, lassos, nets, bolas, whips, short swords and long lances, and a case of healing potions. Thankfully for Reaper's back, Grim is a slight man.

Grim adjusts the quiver on his back, pats the dark brown horse on its neck, and says good-bye to his trusted steed and friend. He has a war to win.

Grim Morgensen is a relatively thin man, 5'7", with dark hair and eyes, and humble clothing. A leather duster covers the mithral breasplate he looted off a dead hobgoblin, and he wears a small buckler on his left arm, and a bladed gauntlet on his right, allowing him to fend off foes in melee without having to go of his bow. While mounted, his shooting style is similar to Japanese yabusame, holding the bow over his head as he nocks the arrow, then pushing in both directions as he aims.

For a horse, Reaper is nothing spectacular, just a very lean and agile brown warhorse in studded leather barding, though the number of items stowed on the sides and back of his saddle is astounding, and yet more is magically held in an enchanted saddlebag. Neither horse nor rider is ostentatious. They are just exceedingly good at what they do, and not too shabby at everything else.

I'll put a character description out there for review... it's kinda long, so behind a sblock it goes...

[sblock=Description]
T’aria is one of the rare cambions (half fiend, half human) that survived to adulthood. When first met, she would be constantly mistaken for a satyr… except for the fact that there are no female satyrs, and satyrs are not six-foot-one in height. Her fiendish heritage is difficult to hide in her physical appearance, although she can do so from all except the most observant when she wishes. She has 3-inch forehead horns, goat legs complete with cloven hooves, slight fangs noticeable when she smiles, and claws that even when retracted are often noted as unfashionably long and sharp fingernails. Ignoring those physical attributes, she has the appearance of a human female of about 24 years of age. T’aria has long, thick curly black hair that falls past her waist. She will often plait small silver and crystal beads into it using small, hardly-noticeable braids for an accent.

While in her home city of Sigil or elsewhere where her demonic heritage is not a cause for immediate panic, T’aria generally wears more daring attire consisting of a black leather shorts that reveal her legs and cloven hooves, as well as a leather-and-silk top. The top is a simple band of black leather wide enough to cover her ample chest with a network of thin straps to hold it over her shoulders. A foot-wide length of silver-grey sheer silk is sewed to the bottom of the leather, in effect covering her torso from just below her chest to her waist. The overall effect is of the top half of a babydoll teddy, or some similar form of lingerie. One of her companions once wondered aloud which succubus she had robbed for her wardrobe.

When T’aria travels on the Prime Material Plane (where people are generally less accepting of her heritage than the Planes, and her home city of Sigil), she generally uses her skills at disguise along with many years of practice to assume the appearance of a ‘normal’, though highly exotic, human. While in disguise, she rarely utilizes her full six-foot-one height, instead opting to stand about five foot nine, allowing to her legs (and extensive practice) to alter her apparent height. She generally wears a unique headband studded with three-inch spikes that are set two inches apart and are slightly curved to match her forehead horns perfectly. Two of the ‘spikes’ are missing, and there are holes in the headband to correspond to where they would be set; when the headband is on and her horns are through the holes, it is nearly impossible to tell that it is anything other than an unusual piece of jewelry. A full, floor-length gypsy-like skirt conceals her legs and hooves. From the waist up, however, she generally wears much more daring attire – a form-fitting black leather vest, low-cut (and laced only far enough to barely be acceptable in public) is one of her favorites.

There is only one part of her appearance that is only rarely hidden when she travels to the Prime Material Plane. On T’aria’s right arm, she has a large design with geometrically precise and complex curves and twists tattooed to her skin. The design flows from the top of her forearm down, gradually spreading until it wraps completely around her arm at her wrist, where it ill-conceals (but serves to distract from) an old scar, which appears to have been the result of her wrist being nearly completely severed at some time in the past. The tattoo narrows and continues over the top of the back of her hand to her middle finger, on which she wears a silver ring set with a large gem that appears to be a black diamond the same smoky colour as her tattoo.

[/sblock]

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I posted this in the original thread, but that one is long gone...

Angrimir is a grey elven wizard, just into adulthood. He dresses in clothes that allow for freedom of movement, and are the colors of the night time sky, and adorned with astrological symbols. He is a Star Mage (Book of Eldritch Might). He typically carries a rapier at his side in lieu of a staff.

His familiar is a short-haired chihuahua named Pepé. Pepé is typically adorned with an emerald collar, a reward from Angrimir for braving a stinking cloud that he had cast (it seemed like a good idea at the time).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases